Opinions Please!

I'm thinking of starting a website tailored to WAHM. The main reason is that after reading the incomes of some businesses, reading the ads written by some moms on here and having several friends on cafemom who have jumped from business "opportunity" to business opportunity... it's making me break out in hives. I'm in advertising and studying marketing... so although I don't claim to be the world's leading expert on this stuff... I know a little something. The site would be used to offer advise to moms who want to work at home and actually earn a LIVING (as opposed to the typical "I make an extra $200 a month.") What do you ladies think? Good idea? Worth the time investment? I'd eventually offer consulting services also (at lower rates than other clients to help support other wahm). Just want an idea on how popular an idea this may be before going through the trouble. Market research if you will.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• THere are a bunch of these out there....look at www.gomatador.com, WAHM.com, Bizymoms.com
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 8:50 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I'm not talking about advise on FINDING a work at home Job (I've been to wahm.com a million times along with several others). I'm talking more about helping women market these businesses once they have been acquired since such a small percentage of women actually are able to support a family using the methods provided by the company. You know, like copywriting tips, marketing ideas, how to be taken seriously while peddling makeup. Ideas for business that do NOT require a downline. I wont' get into my disdain for MLM right now, but I'm talking about something a little different. Beyond just mingling with other moms blah blah blah...because that does not produce the kind of results I would personally want. (been there, done that). More like a mini ad agency and marketing consulting firm for moms.
    Anonymous

• I think that your time would be better spent, and your income higher, doing freelance/consulting work. Market yourself to small businesses.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:03 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I think its great, nut from what i have experienced, a lot of the mommies here jump from place to place because they dont like to read, or get information that helps, they want a miracle.
    Anonymous