should I just trust God with this?

I'm considering going off my birth control for a little while until I get a new one. (I'm having awful side affects from my current one) I'm nervous that I could get pregnant during this time. My dh doesn't want to have anymore children right now. I'm just nervous I could become pregnant. (he won't use condoms). Now I don't know what to do? He is telling me I just need to suck it up and stay on these pills whether I like it or not. So I had thought about not telling him. Mind you I said thought I didn't say I was going to for sure not tell him. I'm just at a loss as to what I should do. Should I just go off of it and trust God or what do you think I should do? Sorry for the rambling ladies, I'm just a little nervous :/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Only a very childish man refuses to use condoms. Tell him to grow up!!! Seriously, GROW UP!
    Anonymous

• I agree with the anon poster childish and immature.

NO! You should not trust God. God gives us a brain to make decisions for ourselves. He does not just give us what we want all the time, or in this case, what you DONT want. Know what I mean.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:24 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Although you should always trust god I think you should just quit taking the pills and tell your husband unless he wants more kids wear a rubber
    Anonymous

• You do have free will you know and you can hardly expect God to make your decisions for you. If you go off birth control you could get pregnant. Fine if that is what you and your husband are prepared to accept but from the tone of your post that does not seem to be so. My advice is consider discussing with your dr. an alternative method of birth control which may not have the side effects of the present one.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 8:27 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I know Yahweh is known to either open or close wombs. I prayed to Yahweh to close mine if it is in his will. And I believe his word that I will receive what ever I ask for in prayer in his son Yahshua's name. So here I am. I am confident I will not have a child. So far I have not and my baby is 8 months. Blessings..
    If I did get pregnant I did pray his WILL be done, and I meant that. Trusting in him has proven to be the best thing I can do in all situations.
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 8:27 PM on May. 19, 2010

• To be on the safe side, I think you should take the pills until you get the new ones, if you don't take them and don't tell him and get pregnant, you will have an unwanted pregnancy in your hands, and this is not good. If you do not want to deal with an unwanted pregnancy go for the sure thing.

Answer by older at 8:28 PM on May. 19, 2010

• You could always remain abstinent until you find a new birth control. He can use a condom or his hand. His choice. You shouldn't suck it up and stay on something that gives you bad side effects. Then again there is always the sponge and various spermicides avaliable not to mention the morning after pill. There's gotta be a compromise in here somewhere. And really how long is it going to be before you switch?? One day, two, a week?? Surely he can survive without for that long.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:30 PM on May. 19, 2010

• YOu can try to trust your god, but we all know how babies are made....by having unprotected sex. So don't act surprised if your god, er, sex hands you another one when you go off bc.
    OR you could protect yourself, since your DH is acting like an irresponsible child.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:34 PM on May. 19, 2010

• i'm so sorry u have such an inconsiderate husband...my contraception
    (implanon) was sort of the same...he hated condoms...but when he saw how heavy the bleeding was, how horrible my mood swings/headaches etc were he ended up telling me to remove the implanon...and he started using consoms, which has made us both ALOT happier......if u want a child then its sort of okay...but if u don't and u want to risk getting pregnant because ur husband is being childish i think its wrong......
    i have strong belief in God but God lets humans choose what path they take in their lives....a path with consequences and a path with benefits.
    if ur husband is being so selfish and telling u to "suck it up" then i think u should abstain from having sex with him until he learns to repect u and ur needs and until u are able to start another form of contraception
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 8:34 PM on May. 19, 2010

• the husband's job is to protect the wife at all costs and if the pills are giving you bad side affects, he needs to be the loving and protecting husband and help you find an alternative for the time being. God is not against abstaining from sex for a time period as long as you pursue it again once you change the pills. Your husband needs to honor and respect you and how you feel just as you honor and respect him. You should always trust God but use wisdom as well.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:37 PM on May. 19, 2010