Do you use dollar store cleaning products?

Do you like them?

I hate spending $2-9 for each of my cleaning products that I seem to run out of all at the same time.

mommyerin02

Asked by mommyerin02 at 8:30 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Home & Garden

• i bought comet and 409 at the dollar store for like half the price. that's what i usually use anyway.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:31 PM on May. 19, 2010

• YES YES YES, Some are not as effective, but we buy them and most work just fine. I can't afford to spend alot on cleaners
    zakityzak

Answer by zakityzak at 8:32 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I make almost all of my cleaning products! It is really cheap and effective! PM me if you are interested in recipes, or just google!
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 8:35 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I tried the cheap one once and it didn't get the job done.
    I now make it or buy from an online grocery store.
    GDIMOM

Answer by GDIMOM at 8:37 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Heck no, I don't buy any from any store. I special-order mine, and the end-cost is a fraction of the store cost - what I use that's equivalent to 409 costs me $0.27 for 20 oz, vs what, $4 at the store? And mine works better. Not the mela-whatever crap, much better than that.
    Anonymous

• the dollar tree has name brand stuff for a buck...I get the brands that i know.....some dollar stores use really cheap crap that is well...crap
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I make some of my own. I don't bring any toxins into our house. .

This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non toxic.
    ¼ cup white vinegar
    ¾ cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (antiseptic and smells nice) 

Answer by rkoloms at 5:58 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I make my own as well. All commercial cleaners that aren't labeled organic, and even some that are, have tons of chemicals that are known carcinogens, skin irritants, cause asthma, and many other health risks are associated with them. Heck, my mom read the carton of Clorox Wipes she buys every week yesturday. And it says "Contains no bleach" and it says "Warning: This product is toxic to humans and pets" Who the hell would clean their house with that? She threw it ot and finally made cleaner.

Mine is a little simplier than rkoloms, I do the same 3/4 of bottle of water the rest is white vinegar. White vinegar is a natural anti-bacertial. You can add a few drops of tea tree oil for more anti-bac power, but there is good bacteria and you don't wat to kill that.

I also make my own shampoo, soap, laundry detergent, etc etc.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:53 AM on May. 20, 2010

• No, I just make my own stuff. For the most part I just use a mix of water & white vinegar. Sometimes I'll add lemon oil to make it smell nice, but for the most part I just use it plain. If I need a little extra scouring power, I'll make a paste of baking soda & water or vinegar or both.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:02 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I haven't but at that price with this economy??? I'm thinking I just might.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 6:20 PM on Jul. 26, 2010