ANY1 GOIN' THRU OR BEEN THRU PLACENTA PREVEA?

On mother's day I started bleeding and was taken to the hospital, where they also found that I was having contractions. I am now 30 wks pregnant, and was told that I have a total placenta prevea, which means the placenta is totally covering the birth cannal, and I'll have to be on bedrest for the rest of my pregnancy, which they are pushing to last 32-36 wks, and I have to worry about something else that begins with a "a" I think, which means that the placenta could attach to my previous c-section scar, or go into my bladder or bowels, and in which case I could have to have a historectamy and/or a blood transfusion. I was told that between now and the birth, that if I start bleeding again, it will be the last time, and there is a poss. that if I don't get to the hospital, I could bleed to death. No sex, smoking, and total bedrest. Has anyone been thru this? Did you make it to 36wks? Did everything go ok?

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 8:37 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My MIL was told she had placenta prevea with all 7 of her children. All were born vaginally. Only 1 was early (3 weeks). However, she did not have the bleeding issues you are having. She was not put on bed rest for any of her pregnancies.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:17 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Wow!! It seems like pp is a common thing, and that's wonderful that your mil was able to have all 7 natural!! It's scary all the same though.
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 3:58 PM on May. 20, 2010