How do I get my 3 year old out of my bed???

Since I took my daughters ninny away at 2 weeks before her 2nd bday, she's made me lay in her room until she falls asleep and been in my bed. I dont know how to stop either of these habits. Any suggestions/advice? My husband started the co-sleeping which I wasn't happy about and enough is enough.

mom2pres

Asked by mom2pres at 9:26 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My husband and I take turns laying with my almost 4 year old every night. We don't usually lat with him until he goes to sleep. We usually lay with him for a few minutes and then we tell him its time to go night night and we will be on the couch where he can see us and he finally got to the point where he didn't really care how long we laid with him or if we were in the front room. He does come to are bed at night still. I read some thing that said to try to tell them you will give them a sticker and if they sleep in their bed all week they get a special surprise. I am trying that tonight we will see how it works. My son seems excited about it. I just told him he had to stay in his bed all night for 2 nights and then we would get something special. I am slowly going to work my way to more days. Good Luck!!

Zara Nichols
    Helping Moms Work From Home
    www.4AHappyLife.com
    zaranichols

Answer by zaranichols at 9:39 PM on May. 19, 2010

• We still lay with out 3 yr old son but we've gradually cut back how long we stay. We use to stay until he fell asleep but now on a good night we stay just long enough for him to settle into bed, maybe 15 to 30 seconds. On a "bad" night we might stay a minute or two. I'd just gradually start cutting the time back. Your child is old enough to go to sleep on her own. Maybe get her a "friend" to keep her company when you leave? I'd agree with the suggestion on trying a reward system for getting her out of your bed. The other option is to just go "cold turkey". Put her right back into her bed anytime she comes in. I'd work on getting her to fall asleep on her own first. You may find that once she can do that, she doesn't come into your bed anymore.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 11:34 AM on May. 20, 2010