Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dislocated hip from giving birth

I have major hip and back pain from giving birth 5 days ago. I was giving pain meds for it but the only help with the back pain and not my hip. The doctor said my dd head was pushing on my hip so hard and from the pressure of pushing i may have dislocated my hip joint.

Im just wondering if this happens offten to women and how do i go about fixing it? Do i go to a doctor or will it fix it self?

Its a lot of pain from a tiny 6lb 4oz baby!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (5)
  • Go to the chiropractor.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on May. 19, 2010

  • yoga & lots of gentle stretching, don't wait, start now.

    Answer by Nyx7 at 9:49 PM on May. 19, 2010

  • Your joints get soft when you go into labor. The pubis and sometimes the hips will move apart to make room for the baby. The hormones in your body actually cause cartilage to dissolve in some women, which can lead to misalignment postpartum. This is totally within the realm of normal.

    It'll take a few days for your bones to harden up. Most people naturally move back into place. A chiropractor or a skilled massage therapist can help if you have long standing issues.

    Answer by ecodani at 9:52 PM on May. 19, 2010

  • go to a chiropractor. all the doc can do for u is give meds. chiro can help fix it

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on May. 19, 2010

  • Oh ouch. I am sorry. I would ask your Doctor if your hospital has a physical therapy department that can help with your hip. Usually your Health Insurance will pay for it . GOOD LUCK.

    Answer by gertie41 at 11:20 PM on May. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.