Dislocated hip from giving birth

I have major hip and back pain from giving birth 5 days ago. I was giving pain meds for it but the only help with the back pain and not my hip. The doctor said my dd head was pushing on my hip so hard and from the pressure of pushing i may have dislocated my hip joint.

Im just wondering if this happens offten to women and how do i go about fixing it? Do i go to a doctor or will it fix it self?

Its a lot of pain from a tiny 6lb 4oz baby!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go to the chiropractor.
    Anonymous

• yoga & lots of gentle stretching, don't wait, start now.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:49 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Your joints get soft when you go into labor. The pubis and sometimes the hips will move apart to make room for the baby. The hormones in your body actually cause cartilage to dissolve in some women, which can lead to misalignment postpartum. This is totally within the realm of normal.

It'll take a few days for your bones to harden up. Most people naturally move back into place. A chiropractor or a skilled massage therapist can help if you have long standing issues.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:52 PM on May. 19, 2010

• go to a chiropractor. all the doc can do for u is give meds. chiro can help fix it
    Anonymous

• Oh ouch. I am sorry. I would ask your Doctor if your hospital has a physical therapy department that can help with your hip. Usually your Health Insurance will pay for it . GOOD LUCK.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:20 PM on May. 19, 2010