do you invite a friend from your childs school even if you dont know the parents?

my son is dd (pdd) a form of autism. n he has made a friend he likes to play with at school. and i was wondering if i should invite the child and his parents to calebs bday party. we really dont know the parents or the child. but my son doesnt really have a lot of friends.

greenegurls

Asked by greenegurls at 10:18 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would! Who knows, maybe you could make a new friend too! What could it hurt?
    Anonymous

• I would!

Great opportunity for you to meet others, and to gain a possible long term friend for your son. No harm in trying it. If for some odd reason they think it's weird then they have issues. : )
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 10:25 PM on May. 19, 2010

• i would invite them. you can meet the parents and get to know them at the party .
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 10:44 PM on May. 19, 2010

• My son is dx with Autism also.I have never been much of a stranger person, I love working with the public but don't like talking to my neighbors. At first I found it a bit odd to reach out and talk with strangers from his school (same kinda of circumstances) but then I thought this is a good opportunity for him to make a friend, he has never really had one before. I found out that his friends mother felt the same way and was very glad that I approached her and opened the line of communication. Do it he will thank you later and you will feel better about it afterward.
    joanngugel

Answer by joanngugel at 12:30 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Yes, invite your son's friend to his party. It will give you a chance to meet his friend's parents and get to know them too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on May. 20, 2010

• yes we do.
    Anonymous