Breast reduction due to back pain?

I am wondering if anyone has had a breast reduction. I am 5'1" and a 38DD. I have constant back pain and would like to get them reduced. My gyn said he would recommend that I get one, so I know my insurance will cover it. However, I am pretty nervous about a precedure like that.

If anyone can share an experience, that'd be great!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Health

• I personally haven't had one but a friend of mine in high school got one done right when she graduated. She had back pain all the time as well...I think she was the same size as you too. As far as I know, everything went really well and she is much happier now. He mom also got the procedure at a young age too. Big breasts run in their family.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:28 PM on May. 19, 2010

• My girlfriend and her mother had that done for that reason. Both were sooo happy and in much better physical health afterwords.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:30 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Oh man, I would love to have one! Im 5'4'' and Im 38DD too! Ive always thought about telling my doc about it but didnt really know how to bring it up or he'd think it was weird or something lol. My back has hurt for as long as I can remember and Ive always had pretty big boobs. Ecspecially after I had my son, seemed like they just wont stop growing! But if I were you, which sounds liek were kinda in the same situation, I would go for it! Ecspecially if your insurance covers it too! GL
    Anonymous

• I am 5'3 and a 36DDD...I am glad to hear that insurance will cover it. Do you know anything about it effecting chances to breastfeed? I am patiently waiting until I am done having kids but if I dont have to, chop these babies off now! lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:32 AM on May. 20, 2010

• What kind of insurance do you have? I have blue cross and hope they will pay for mines. I have a friend that got her did, they even lifted them,plus gave her a slight tummy tuck. I want one so they can be smaller plus sit up.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:01 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I've been told I should have one, but I'm a little nervous of plastic surgery. My aunt had three breast reductions. Her doctor didn't make them small enough the first time, so the second time was a revision to that surgery. The third time was another revision to help smooth the scar tissue near her armpit. They look as well as can be expected with a reduction. Vitamin E oil helps with smoothing the scar tissue. I know that she can find clothes to fit her much more easily now! She says she's really glad she had it done. I don't know what size she started out with, but she has a C cup now.

Currently I'm a 36 J (HH), but it goes up and down with my weight fluctuations. I'm skinny right now (for me)!

Good luck with whatever you decide!
    DangerDarling

Answer by DangerDarling at 2:38 PM on May. 20, 2010