is this normal?

My husband and I are having our first baby and I'm due in 8 weeks. Is it weird that I'm not really that excited nor am I emotional? All the expecting women I talk to are so overjoyed and emotional about their future babies and I don't feel the same. I'm not necessarily sad, but I just don't feel much about it.
I think part of the reason is that I'm really afraid of how this baby is going to effect our relationship. Things are so perfect between us, we've been married for almost 4 years and I have absolutely no complaints and I'm so in love with him. It probably sounds so silly but I always want to spend all of my time with him and I'm afraid this baby is going to leave us less time to really be together..is that stupid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was never to emotional, even after my DD's were born but I love them so much it's not even funny.
    Anonymous

• not in the least. it will affect your relationship and your time. but staying organized and making sure chores and baby are taken care of by BOTH parents will help a lot. almost any kind of worry you could possibly have is probably normal. just make sure you talk to him about your worries and fears. keep the lines of communication open!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:32 PM on May. 19, 2010

• That doesn't sound stupid at all. In fact, it's really normal to have those fears. A baby brings BIG changes, and there's no way to know exactly HOW things will change until it happens. Babies bring stress and sleep deprivation, but they also bring joys that are indescribable. This will change how you look at your husband, but I know that for me, watching him love our son as much as I do makes me love him even more. He's an amazing dad, and watching him play with our son and get excited about things he does and such just warms my heart, and now that our son is older, watching how much he loves his daddy is just SO adorable.
    I promise your fears are natural, and hopefully, will resolve with time. At first, your probably won't get much time just the two of you, but once you feel comfortable, you can make date nights happen, which are VITAL.
    Try to relax, and have faith in your relationship. Talk to your hubby about it, too.GL
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:38 PM on May. 19, 2010

• You're fine.

It does change the time availability of your relationship...and you are going to have to make a more decided effort to get babysitters, and go on dates, and plan for intimate time when baby's sleeping.

But like musicpisces said, there's something about watching your husband care for your children that just makes you fall in love with him even more. It all sort of balances out that way.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:11 PM on May. 19, 2010