Have You Ever Had An OB Say Something Like This To You?

http://www.myobsaidwhat.com/

The things on this site blows me away! Have you ever had an OB, or other birth related professional say something to you that would be worthy of being put on this site?

dedicatedrider

Asked by dedicatedrider at 10:29 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:30 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I've been going through that site all day and just can't believe some of the crap that has been said by so-called "professional" OBs, nurses, midwives, etc... Then again, I had a good birth experience with very kind nurses, an anesthesiologist who was to the point but not rude, and a very professional midwife (who I'd never met before I delivered). I would probably punch the person that said some of those things to me. Seriously, I would.
    Anonymous

• Sort of. I was hardcore pressured by the nurses to get an epidural while I was in labor.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 10:39 PM on May. 19, 2010

• no way! i would have been like the woman on there who changed drs at 9 months! luckily i had a great doc.
    one of my bros friends had a baby and in the delivery room the doc told him his son was dead. then said oh i was just kidding he's fine.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:41 PM on May. 19, 2010

• "one of my bros friends had a baby and in the delivery room the doc told him his son was dead. then said oh i was just kidding he's fine. "

now that's f'ed up! that's way worse then I've read so far on that site.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 10:43 PM on May. 19, 2010

• How about when I was trying for a natural birth, went 62 hours with no meds, ended up with an epi, labored for another 6 hours (epi only worked on half of my body and was horrible), pushed for 4 hours, and finally ended up with a c section after 72 hours of agony and delirium, only to have my midwife say to me "So, are you disappointed?" In a snotty tone and then have her ROLL HER EYES at me when I said "No, I really feel like I did everything I could and after all how can I be disappointed when in then end I have a beautiful healthy son."

Where's the "My midwife said what??" web site?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:46 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Oh my gosh! I can't believe the stuff on there!
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 10:47 PM on May. 19, 2010

• beckcorc, there are plenty of midwives with verbal diarrhea on there too.
    Anonymous

• I have been very fortunate to have had my doctors and their staff treat me with dignity and respect. How sad this is that there are people in the medical profession that don't understand that all people deserve this treatment.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 11:18 PM on May. 19, 2010

• When I was pushing my daughter out at the end of 12 hours of labor when I was freshly 18 years old...and I was so scared and it hurt so bad I said in tears, "I can't do this!" and my OB said to me "You should have thought about that before you got pregnant." ugh. Biatch lol.

hey what does VBAC mean?
    Anonymous