Would you ever give birth in a bathtub?

What would be the point?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wish I could have!!
    Anonymous

• It feels better!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:07 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I would give birth anywhere if only I could have another chance of a vaginal birth lol.. But i really have heard that it feels a lot better and relaxes you more.. makes sense
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 11:07 PM on May. 19, 2010

• absolutely not...it may feel better but i do not want to be in a tub filled with amnionic fluid, urine, sometimes poop, and blood....gross and not for me
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:13 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Ummmm....NO. I had three babies vaginally and I was very happy to be in a hospital all three times. My first delivery was complicated---placental abruption. And on the second day she had jaundice and needed the untraviolet lights.\
    Anyway, I had no problem with labor and I could manage the pain and contractions well. Hospitals are much safer. a BATHTUB? LOL. No way.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:14 PM on May. 19, 2010

• nah thats not for me. i like the good old fashioned hospital bed way
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:14 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I did!

And it was WONDERFUL!!!
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:15 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Not for me. Then again, my first time giving birth was by c-section. That would have been pretty tough in a bath tub, lol!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:16 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I had my now 10 week old in a birthing tub, the pain that was unbearable initially was almost obsolete once I climbed into the water, I don't think I ever want to birth a baby on dry land ever again.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:22 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I wish the hospital where I delivered had birthing tubs... when I was in labour with my son the hot water from the shower felt SO good- such good pain relief. I can only imagine actually submerging in a tub would feel that much better!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:31 PM on May. 19, 2010