How can I get my husband to get a job?

I'm tired of being so poor... i'm 8 1/2 months pregnant and he can't even buy what the baby needs, I have to use the child support for the other kids, he can barely pay the bills with his 3 night a week job. And he's horrible at caring for the kids, so that's on me. What can I do to make him decide to get a full time job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• It really is a sad state that so many of our men are in (men of all races). Some just have the mentality of being lazy and really don't care if a woman takes care of them. That use to be a sin and a shame but it is like it is the norm for so many men today. I had one man tell me. It is the man's turn to sit and home and be taken care of. I said why, he said because men have been doing it for women forever. If I was a man I just could not sit back and allow my woman to take care of me.....With all of that said he needs to do more. You are about to have another baby and don't need the stress. Frankly you can do better without him. I 'm not saying get rid of him. Just stating a fact.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:28 PM on May. 19, 2010

• ultimatum time!
    Anonymous

• Apply for jobs for him. Get applications and fill them out and have him sign them. Make him go if someone calls.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:17 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Use the kids as a guilt trip. "But don't you want them to be happy? You don't want the other kids to make fun of them when they don't have nice school clothes do you?" It may sound mean, but hey, if nothing else is working....
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 11:20 PM on May. 19, 2010

• when you find the answer, please let me know! it may be ultimatum time, sad to say, i just had to give mine the same one. i have a 7 year old from a previous relationship, and am 14 weeks along with our child now. he has worked ever since weve been together until the last 4 months, and my mom has been nice enuff to help us right now. i just told him he has the next 5 months to decide to grow up and be a man, because if i have to do it all, i cetainly dont need him! a rabbit will do just fine in his stead if thats all he wants to be good for! lol i wish you the best honey!
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 11:22 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I was going through this you have to give him a month and leave if he don't get one make sure you tell him this though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Your husband is depressed. Get him an appointment with a therapist.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:28 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Achieving goals should be on the responsibility on both you not just his. It’s not fair to lump it all on him. Try to find work and help him.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Do you work? If so tell him as he knows your pregnant and can't be working right now. you have to take care of yourself. And with the money you made you two don't have enough, You really do need him to go out there and get a real job, making more money working at least 5 days a week. Because after the baby is born your going to probably want to take at least 9 months off of work to tend to the baby.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:23 AM on May. 20, 2010

• he's being lazy! hes either just being lazy and taking advantage of u.......or he's enjoying his time with other women on the computer!
    innocentmyworld

Answer by innocentmyworld at 7:33 PM on May. 20, 2010