Birthday party--is this enough food?

I'm finishing up the details of my son's first birthday party. It's Sunday at 12:30 so we are serving lunch. We will be having 31 people (26 adults, 5 children). We are serving: Hamburgers and hotdogs, a 3 qt. casserole dish of homemade mac and cheese, pork and beans (about 3 cans worth), a fruit tray with dip, veggie tray with dip, and a desert cheesball, oh, and cake of course. For drinks we are having punch and water. So, is this enough? If not, what else do I need?

Miss_Kay

Asked by Miss_Kay at 11:30 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I'm not the best judge at portions and figuring out all that out, but I say, too much food is better than not enough! I'd throw in some chips and dip + potato salad/pasta salad or something like that as well!!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:35 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I think it sound fine. You totally just made me want some homemade mac-n-cheese though! LOL!
    mommyerin02

Answer by mommyerin02 at 11:35 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I would think that would be enough. We normally would grill hotdogs and hamburgers, have a 8x8 pan of baked beans, and a half gallon of potato salad for my DD's birthday parties and that was for like 12 kids and 15-20 adults. Oh and a couple bags of chips and fruits. This year we are going simple, doing the party from 2-4 and having just cake, ice cream, chips, and fruit.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:27 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Maybe throw in a green salad or to. but yum you just made me hungry.
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 12:50 PM on May. 21, 2010

• You didn't mention amounts. On average you would need 1 1/2 times the number of people for hamburgers, 2 times the number of hotdogs. Unless you know you have vegetarians or people who you know eat very little. The rest sounds fine.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:43 PM on May. 21, 2010

• don't forget the napkins, paper cups & plates & plastic ware...lol Just incase...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on May. 22, 2010

• I think it sounds fine. I'd rather have leftovers than not enough food. Although, I would throw in a couple of soft drinks. Otherwise sounds great. Hope the party turns out great.
    mrs.helms2008

Answer by mrs.helms2008 at 11:53 AM on May. 22, 2010