Would you be a wetnurse?

For someone you know?
For someone you don't know?
Straight on the breast or pump?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 12:11 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Absolutely (to the pumping) I would! If this milk that my body is going to produce anyway could help sustain another child, then yes. As to the nursing directly on the breast, it would depend if I had a child still breastfeeding or not. If I did, I would feel like I was "cheating" on my child with another baby. lol. Not that it would be particularly damaging to my own child, but I feel that if that were the case, I would not be able to give the baby in need the loving and nurturing aspect of breastfeeding. Just being honest here!
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:41 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Sure, if there was a baby in need and I had milk I would. Straight from the breast or pump, wouldn't matter to me.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:12 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I am way beyond nursing years but back in the day, if my breast milk was needed I would do whatever I could to help. I swear breatfeeding, takes you into a different time zone and demention. Its like your breasts all of the sudden have this meaning in the big life plan, more then buying pretty bra's more then showing cleavage, all of the sudden you realize one day that they are made to sustain life, to give food, and its so amazing, I will never forget it, and if I could do it all over again I would in a heartbeat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on May. 20, 2010

• The only way I could/would put another woman's child to my breast were if there were no other options and the child was going to starve if not fed then and there.

Since you're asking about pumping also though; that I might consider doing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Yes, I am in total agreement with the two previous answers. I would do it in a heartbeat. I think the whole experience is amazing. Breast or pump....
    LindyCam

Answer by LindyCam at 12:37 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Yes, yes, either way.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:12 AM on May. 20, 2010

• If I were able I would do it for my family and close friends. It would probably be by pumping. It would be hard to be there for every feeding. This would have been many years ago but I wouldn't have any problem with it at all. grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 1:31 AM on May. 20, 2010

• NO! nonononono! I cannot stress this enough, no! My breastmilk and nursing ability is for my daughter and my daughter alone. no way could I nurse another child. for children that can't nurse or mothers that don't produce there are formulas, that's what they are there for. I am not a dairy cow.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:47 AM on May. 20, 2010