My 11 month old daughter is going to go see a pediatric neurologist.

I dont really know what to expect. Shes had two seizures, and i can explian them pretty good if you ask me. But im worried, i was freaking out (i know i shouldnt have) and i dont want to leave anything about because they were kind of a blurr. How do i tell the doctor that? And what should i expect? Should i be worried? Will they keep her longer then just the visit time? Any advice helps..

A little history...
She has been diagnosed with a "facial tic". Something is wrong with her. She doesnt act normal, just barly learned to roll, doesnt crawl or say mama or dada. Shes always flipping her wrists in a circular motion, and i think she has those seizures that they stare off into space too. Shes very small. Only 19 lbs, and very tall. Shes been a pretty healthy baby, only been sick one time.

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 12:21 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They won't keep her, it's just a doctor's visit. My daughter sees a neurologist on a regular basis. They'll probably want to do an MRI and probably some other tests.

Is your daughter being seen by early intervention? Getting physical and occupational therapy? If not, you need to call your state's early intervention program and find out what you need to do to get the ball rolling. It's free and it's EXTREMELY important to get early therapy.

Let me know if you have more questions. My daughter is 21 months can't walk, talk, crawl. She's learning to stand and can sit, thanks to the help from physical therapy.
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 1:27 AM on May. 20, 2010

• My little guy sees a Pedi Neuro too, he goes every 3 months to check on his development. It's scary at first, but if you have a good Dr, you'll feel more comfortable as you visit. I LOVE LOVE LOVE his Neuro to the point that when he switched practices, we followed him to his new one. My son is 2 1/2 but developmentally only 5 months old, he's rolling around, but not crawling, walking or sitting on his own, he can say mama and dada and a few other small things but that's it. He's had CT Scans, MRI's, EEG's.... it's kind of scary, but you'll get through it. See about getting her into EI like the momma above me said. Squish started his at 4 months old and he's doing so good in it!
    Jenniy

Answer by Jenniy at 1:31 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Our 8 month old sees a pediatric neurologist too. She has been seen several times and actually has a follow up tomorrow. I strongly suggest getting a notebook and writing your questions down. Also start noting her behavior. It helps me keep up with everything. I also agree with Lifetimelove that if you haven't contacted Early Intervention you should do so. I can already see a difference in my daughter with the therapy she has. And also, please keep in mind that you can disagree with the dr. and the therapists. You are always entitled to 2nd opinions.
    Heather881029

Answer by Heather881029 at 7:21 AM on May. 20, 2010