I'm just so excited and I have no friends to share this with.

I met this guy online a while back. He had JUST moved about 8 states away from me when we started talking. He makes me feel so good about myself and my daughter. I get so giddy when he gets online and I like him a lot. Well, as much as I can right now. We are going to start talking on the phone soon, but I'm nervous!

I think he likes me too, and he says things like "I wish i would have known you before I moved, and I would have stayed there." and other cute things.

Has anyone else ever had a situation similar to mine? How did it turn out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• i am so happy for you!! congrats! and enjoy it. you deserve it!
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 1:02 AM on May. 20, 2010

• what if hes some psycho who tells you want to hear and wants to meet you and chops you into a million pieces and scatter your remains all over those 8 states??? lol but if youre happy i will be happy for you.. just be careful.. :)
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 1:12 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Just be very careful especially having a daughter I wish you well just give it plenty of time before you do anything.
    You are feeling like this bc all is fresh n new. Take your time girl no rushing it. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:16 AM on May. 20, 2010

• OP: Haha, I am always careful. I would never meet someone I don't know in private, it would always be in public for quite a while. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on May. 20, 2010

• yeah you will hear what you want to hear and he will tell you all the right things and paint a pretty picture for you and everything then when you live together you will wonder what the hell happened to your common sense.
    Yes I have been there! he was wonderful on the phone and in emails and when I moved me and my kids to live with him I found out he was at his happiest when he was drinking.....

you single and alone, he knoes that and he will play it for all it is worth.....do not trust a man you cannot spend time with on a daily or weekely basis
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I know you probably don't want to be brought down, but I do feel like telling you to be very careful. I personally know of a situation in which a woman with a daughter was courted online, then phone, only to find out the man was a pedophile that wanted near her daughter. Do a background check before you ever meet him in person. Of course, don't trust him around your daughter alone. I'm sorry to say that but the situation I mentioned above really scares me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on May. 20, 2010

• It does sound scary to me. I'm VERY cautious about people who have to meet other people online...why can't they meet people in public??/ Why do they have to meet people online? I feel it's because they've got something to hide...JMHO
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 8:38 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Congratss!! VERRRY EXCITEDD FOR YOU! (: Gooodluck mama
    IzabellaBugg

Answer by IzabellaBugg at 8:50 AM on May. 20, 2010

This is actually very common, pedophiles target single moms so that they can have access to their kids. So definatly be careful, I agree with the background check, but sometimes they look clean when they arent, so still dont trust it after that, if he seems unusually interested in your daughter let him go, dont risk it. I hope that it works out beautifully for you, and he is as wonderful as he seems, but always be careful, for your sake, and your childs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on May. 20, 2010