I need a full sheet cake pan... and hobby lobby and michaels dont seem to have them?

I'm making a grad. cake and those stores only seem to carry the 1/2 sheets. Do I just make 2 half sheets and put them together? And configure two cake boards to put it on? HELP! :)

missbreezy214

Asked by missbreezy214 at 1:09 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i would follow your suggestion. i have had to do the same thing because i cant find any large sheet pans like that either. you may be able to go to walmart, or a local bakery, and they might be willing to sell you one of their own, but its probably easier just to put them together yourself. with all the icing, no one will be able to tell, anyhow.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 1:14 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I believe that's how they do them at the bakery..just put two together. One of the choices for cakes when I went to order one the other day was 1/2 white & 1/2 chocolate...I can only imagine that they must just stick two halves together.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:24 AM on May. 20, 2010

• my sister made my wedding cake..it was a full sheet cake and she got her cake pan through wilton....so just google "wilton cake pans" and that should get you what you need...also try the home good stores in your area
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on May. 20, 2010

• You can't bake a full sheet because by the time the center's done, the edges are crispy critters. Do the two half-sheets. There will be no way to tell once it's iced.

I'm going to answer your other question here, too. I strongly recommend putting two half-sheets together on site instead of trying to transport it. If you need to transport a full sheet cake, then instead of the hobby store go get a board cut at the hardware store. You'll need the stability that you get with a thin piece of plywood. You can cover it with wrapping paper (use spray adhesive to stick it to the board, though) for a very pretty look.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:53 AM on May. 20, 2010