Did you see Campbell Brown is Leaving CNN?

Think what you like about this channel or that; we have fewer real journalists left and more opinions.

I think what she's doing here is very classy even if her style of reporting is missed by those of us not seduced by the reality tv style of the others.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/18/campbell-brown-to-leave-cnn/
To be clear: this is my decision, and one that I have been thinking about for some time. As for why, I could have said, that I am stepping down to spend more time with my children (which I truly want to do). Or that I am leaving to pursue other opportunities (which I also truly want to do). But I have never had much tolerance for others’ spin, so I can’t imagine trying to stomach my own. The simple fact is that not enough people want to watch my program, and I owe it to myself and to CNN to get out of the way so that CNN can try something else.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• But I have never had much tolerance for others’ spin, so I can’t imagine trying to stomach my own. CAUSE

The simple fact is that not enough people want to watch my program EFFECT

Yes, very simple to understand.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Her ratings were dismal....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:00 AM on May. 20, 2010

• But I have never had much tolerance for others’ spin, so I can’t imagine trying to stomach my own.

Well, at least she owns it.  LOL.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:23 AM on May. 20, 2010

• god you women can be so catty and bitchy. While you sit at home and suck up every bit of drivel spewed by the puppets on the rest of the channels with no background in journalism whatsoever; this lady is handling this in the best way possibly with dignity and respect and that's the crap you have to say?

Her ratings were dismal because most of you would rather watch Glenn Beck and the like jumping around like rodeo clowns and fake crying on tv like you're watching an episode of the Hills; rather than have an actual reporter do their job and report the facts.

No wonder our country is in the shape it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Her ratings were dismal because most of you would rather watch Glenn Beck and the like jumping around like rodeo clowns and fake crying on tv like you're watching an episode of the Hills; rather than have an actual reporter do their job and report the facts.

FYI, I don't watch Glenn Beck, Campbell Brown and I don't even know what the Hills is about.  I thought it was a kid show, I guess not.  You on the other hand know enough about all of these to assume that you know what other people watch or don't watch.  I get my news from many sources.  And if Campbell Brown is anything like Glenn Beck, then she is just a commentator and not a journalist.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:40 AM on May. 20, 2010

• FYI, I don't watch Glenn Beck, And if Campbell Brown is anything like Glenn Beck, then she is just a commentator and not a journalist.
    ********

Notice I said "most of you" NOT "all of you". That's the other problem. People not reading fully and assuming things. Had you actually bothered to read the link you'd have seen she IS an actual reporter and not a rodeo clown commentator as Beck has described himself. That's the reason she wasn't getting any ratings; because instead of putting on a dog and pony show full of her own opinions; she was just reporting the news.

/OP/
    Anonymous

• And yet she admits that she has her own spin on stories she reports. I thought journalists were supposed to be unbiased. I guess not in the days and ages of Barack Hussein Obama.

Anonymous

• "And yet she admits that she has her own spin on stories she reports."

No...she didn't want to do spin. Which is all the cable nets want these days.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:32 AM on May. 21, 2010