when did you finally forget that your birthday was coming up?

i know people say as you get older that you forget your birthday from time to time. well, im 24 today, and my son is 4 months old...someone reminded me my birthday was coming up and i was totally shocked that it was here already. i think maybe now that i have my son, other things just seem so much more important. i wasnt even excited this year. which was better in the long run, because my parents forgot my birthday this year, and i got stuck at home all day babysitting my baby and my sisters (5 weeks apart.) it was quite a depressing day after all that

sstokes86

Asked by sstokes86 at 2:13 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Happy birthday!

I am 43, I have NEVER forgotten my bday, hubby's bday or any of my 4 sons' bdays. Birthdays are a HUGE deal in this house and we always go all out for everyones bdays. It's a celebration...something to acknowledge. My husband and sonss have never forgotten anyones bdays either. I'd cry if no one remembered my bday. I don't want gifts, just time with family enjoying a special day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Well Happy Birthday! I haven't just forgoten my birthday It comes around each year and in the past few years I have just not wanted it to come.
    Anonymous

• ive just been so focused on everything else this year. new baby, husband deployed, (that made my birthday worse). the sad thing is, my moms and brothers birthday are all in may too, and i never forgot theirs. just not paying attention to mine i guess. i always make birthdays a big deal too. i think i was keeping it in the back of my mind because it was so hard with DH gone. that made a big difference
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 2:53 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Happy Birthday!!! I started forgetting my birthday when I turned 23.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on May. 20, 2010

• THE DAY OF my birthday I forgot it was my birthday!! I was so busy running around making sure that my son was having a great 5th B-day (we share a B-day) that I forgot it was my birthday too!! It wasn't until my sister surprised me with a birthday card for me, that I remembered.

Also, for a minute I had to think about how old I am! When planning for my son's B-Day party some of my family was asking how old I was going to be and I started saying 36 two weeks before I was actually 36. So on my birthday, I had to think for a minute ("am I 35 going on 36? Or 36 going on 37?" LOL!!)

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:32 AM on May. 20, 2010

• forgot at 24 here too i am 25 Happy birthday
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on May. 20, 2010