Does anyone here agree that MATURITY has very very little to do with AGE?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes, I do!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:41 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Absolutely. I have a 16 year old brother who is much more mature and well behaved than any fully grown man I've ever met.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 3:44 AM on May. 20, 2010

• of course. this is cafemom
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:48 AM on May. 20, 2010

• completely agree
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:48 AM on May. 20, 2010

• No, I would have to disagree. I don't dispute that there are exceptions, but for the most part your maturity level is based on what you've experienced and how you handle it. Young people just haven't had enough time to rack up life experiences that promote maturity.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I believe it all depends on the person. I was very mature for being a 16 yrs when I had moved out into my own place and work full time and go to High School full time also. Know that i am 33 i look back and I sometimes feel that i missed out on some things but hey I had a good older teen life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I believe that age has very little to do with maturity. Many people have been "forced" to grow up and mature at very young ages and then there are just as many people in their 50's still as immature as a 5 year old. I believe that maturity has more to do with life experiences and what you have seen/gone through.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on May. 20, 2010

• YES. My husband is VERY mature. my dad and my mother-in-law are some of the most immature people ive ever met. I think age has little to do with maturity
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Absolutely!
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 5:11 AM on May. 20, 2010

• oh? You've met my MIL have you?? lol I do agree that the two are not mutually exclusive. That is why we have the phrase....I may grow old...but I refuse to grow up!

I also don't agree with the Anon at 2:51, I have met some younger people that have a very old soul. Certain things can be passed on from one life to the next. This is of course my own opinion, so bashing won't do anyone any good.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 5:35 AM on May. 20, 2010