If you were in a restaurant, and there was a woman breastfeeding her baby (without a cover, but discreetly) and the manager asked her to stop, or leave - would you speak up, or would you stay quiet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i would speak up, because in my state its actually against the law to tell a breastfeeding mother to leave or stop breastfeeding her child.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:42 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I wish I could say that I was a brave upstanding courageous woman who would stick up for her, but the honest truth is that I probably don't have the guts.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I'm not much of a confrontational person, but I couldn't live with myself if I stood by and said nothing. I live in Ireland, and it's every womans legal right to breastfeed anywhere her baby is hungry.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 3:47 AM on May. 20, 2010

• i would speak up LOUDLY
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:47 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I would speak up and then I would go to the next hirer person in the company to get to the bottom of this. I wasn't a BFing mother but that is a way that mother choose to feed there child and the manager wouldn't tell her to stop feeding the child if she was giving a bottle so what is the difference.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:53 AM on May. 20, 2010

• That was on "What would You do" the show. Of course i would speak up and give that guy a piece of my mind. Because it is illegal in most states to discriminate like that. Besides it is a beautiful thing.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 4:00 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Nope. Wouldn't bother me. If people are paying to eat their food out and can't enjoy their meal because of one person making them uncomfortable then that person should have some respect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on May. 20, 2010

• No, she could have either brought an appropriate cover, or put pumped milk in a bottle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I would thank the manager for sticking up for the majority of the patrons as well as his emloyees. A nursing mother should always cover up or choose a private location to breastfeed.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 5:10 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Yes.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 5:42 AM on May. 20, 2010