What is a sign of a good Christian?

One that finds out that you are not a Christian and have different beliefs, what would be appropriate, disregard her as a friend? Block her, or try to find a way to lovingly get her on your side. Which one makes a good Christian?

Would a good Christian turn their back on someone for their different beliefs?? Or do they look for more than religious affiliation. Or religious affiliation is the only thing they look for?

Asked by older at 7:46 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • The second one. The key word is lovingly. Most times it's by your actions, how you live, not your words.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:17 AM on May. 20, 2010

• The word good can be debated and a matter of interpretation.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on May. 20, 2010

• anon, I understand that but among the Christian faith what would be a good way for a Christian to react upon a situation as the one I stated.

Answer by older at 7:57 AM on May. 20, 2010

• As the hymn says :"You'll know we are Christians by our love, by our love. Oh you'll know we are Christians by our love."

Answer by Bmat at 8:13 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Bmat, this is what I always thought, but ran into one that wanted nothing to do with me because of my beliefs and stance on key subjects. So where is the love?

Answer by older at 8:17 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I believe that as a Christian I cannot have CLOSE friendships with people who have drastically different beliefs that are contradictory to mine...."can two walk together unless they be agreed"? I believe that it wouldn't be a healthy friendship anyway, but I would continue to love and be kind and even try to witness to them and see them come to Christ. But, I believe that you should be able to tell that someone is a Christian WITHOUT asking! Being a Christian means "being Christ-like" and that should show through your love, care, concern, servitute, speech, and actions LONG before someone finds out that you are born-again.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 8:31 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Timand, what about as an aquaintance on the net? I guess this lady thought I was Christ-like until the subject of homosexuality came up and my beleifs differed from hers, I guess what really puzzled me was that I have so many Christian friends, who don't see eye to eye on this subject and yet still offer a great friendship, and prayer, which I always welcome, I might not have a specific religion but in my heart I truly beleive in God, and he is in everything I do and have.

Answer by older at 8:39 AM on May. 20, 2010

• The old saying "What would Jesus do" (i know cliche and my be date lol), but that is what a good Christian is. Would Christ walk away from them"? Would he turn his back on them? I am pretty sure he would try to get them to come to him and accept them as their savior. As others have stated, a good Chistian is "being Christ-like". I have friends that are homosexual. It does not mean I love them any less. I have a best friend that was once Christian and is now Pagan, and I don't love him any less. They know I don't agree with their life choices, but that does not stop me from praying for them.
    ArmyWifeMomof3

Answer by ArmyWifeMomof3 at 8:58 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I can be friends with people of all different beliefs. However some people just find more of a connection with people who are part of their relgious group. Maybe they feel less wanted in the friendship too because they have different beliefs then the other person.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:27 AM on May. 20, 2010

• It is not your or anyone else's place to determine who is or who isn't a Christian. HARD to comprehend I know!! A person who accepts Jesus as their personal savior is the only requirement to be defined as such. It's so easy for the non-believers to pick and choose who they want to attack or persecute based on what they believe a Christian should do. Or how they behave. Granted, a Christian should bear good fruit that is easily determined to be this or that, but still-the ultimate determination is for God not for man.
    If I knew someone to be a non-believer I would not cohort with them only if they were also a pain in the arse. Just as I would a believer.
    I've seen Atheists on here complain their friends left them once they found out they were non-believers, but I really think it has alot more to do with their sucky personality rather than personal belief.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:29 AM on May. 20, 2010