God, Rand Paul and what he does?

........must be utterly important!!!!!!

I don't really think a Lib lady here really cares if we can " believe what Rand Paul says?"

Maybe someone at CM feels the need to push an agenda, though!

Gee........
Do you have an opinion?

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 7:47 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• He has shown his true colors now. He is a racist and a tea party candidate

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I think America is speaking loud and clear.....We are done with the democrats liberal agenda.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 8:19 AM on May. 20, 2010

• How is he racist? I like that he wants to do away with Bush's "no left behind" crap....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:54 AM on May. 20, 2010

• no child left behind*
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:55 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Did politico happen to provide the proof to back up these claims?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I haven't taken the time yet to read the civil rights/Rand Paul thing.
    I may later today.

MY POINT is that I think CM has employees post questions here sometimes, and I find that offensive
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 10:43 AM on May. 20, 2010

• More liberal spin Here is what he really said since the OP left out any proof of what she was saying. Facts are he believes in the first amendment. You may not agree with his view but he never says anything racist.

PAUL: I like the Civil Rights Act in the sense that it ended discrimination in all public domains, and I’m all in favor of that.
    INTERVIEWER: But under your philosophy, it would be okay for Dr. King not to be served at the counter at Woolworths?

PAUL: I would not go to that Woolworths, and I would stand up in my community and say that it is abhorrent, um, but, the hard part—and this is the hard part about believing in freedom—you have too, for example, most good defenders of the First Amendment will believe in abhorrent groups standing up and saying awful things. . . . It’s the same way with other behaviors. In a free society, we will tolerate boorish people, who have abhorrent behaviour.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:58 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Steph - he said to Rachel Maddow last night that he (and I'm paraphrasing, but feel free to look it up) fully believes that the Civil Rights Act should ONLY include public businesses - not privately owned businesses. In other words, if a restaurant is privately owned, he believes they have every right to refuse to serve anyone, even if the refusal is based on discrimination.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 11:38 AM on May. 20, 2010

• If he allows restaurants and other public places owners' to decide for themselves, there will be signs posted saying "We reserve the right to refuse service to any .." you know. They had those signs in the south in the early 60's. It meant a restaurant owner could refuse to allow a black person to eat there.
    I saw one of those in a Texas restaurant in 1966 and I was so angry I wanted to give the owners a piece of my mind but my DH wouldn't let me. He said they could possible shoot me! LOL. Who knows? They were so prejudiced and violent in those days. IF this Paul guy will allow that, he is an idiot!!! I still wish I had told the restaurant owner he was a prejudiced a$$hole. LOL. Oh well....I bet Karma got him anyway.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 5:45 PM on May. 20, 2010