I can't handle this bed rest anymore.

I'm 34 weeks. I have to stay at my moms while I'm in on bed rest because I have three kids. My husband isn't good when it comes to mom stuff. I've been here 3 weeks this time. I was on bed rest before and stayed a week. I'm supposed to go two more weeks but I want to go home so bad. I miss my husband, i miss my house.. I cry whenever my husband leaves because I want to be with him. I wake up here every night and can't get back to sleep til sunrise. And my bed is too bouncy and gives me leg cramps. What should I do? I want to go home off bedrest so bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My mom didn't want to be coming over to my house, it was more convienent for her. She doesn't do things unless its what she wants, thats why I was at her house. I'm home right now. She's going to be bringing the kids back and forth at bedtime on her work nights and keeping two of them while she's off work. So my husband only has one to take care of (his own anyway). We're ganna see how this works. I'm on bedrest because I'm "at risk" for early labor. I contract a lot but up till 31 weeks I hadn't had any dialation. But I'm pretty sure by now I have, i get checked in two weeks. I think I can make it...
    Anonymous

• I can't imagine how hard that must be! I know my mom was on bedrest with my brother for 6mths. She said it was AWFUL! I wish I could give you some advice!
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 8:37 AM on May. 20, 2010

• everyone knows its hard.. but apparently ure on bed rest because of medical reasons. and i assume ure doctor put u on bedrest. so u need to be a little optimistic, ure doing this for ure family u love so much, ure kids, the incoming baby and ure DH.
    my mom also went for bedrest with my sister for 4+ months. and that was a very hard time on the rest of the family (as her condition was very very critical) but thank God both of them survived and are both healthy !!
    i dont know what ure condition really is right now.. but i think u need to take this positively. this is for ure own good and ure families good. and remember, this is not a permanent solution, so u'll be back on ure feet and with ure family in no time !! :)
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 8:47 AM on May. 20, 2010

• You are looking at the glass as half empty. You are currently out of control of your circumstances, so worrying about it is pointless. It's time to look at the glass as half full. You've done 3 whole weeks of bed rest, now you ONLY have 2 more weeks to go. Yay!
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:52 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I've seen other ladies on here say that they looked at their bed rest as a time to relax...a calm before the storm so to speak. I have to have c-sections and with my last 2, my mother in law had to stay with me for the 6 week healing period because I wasn't able to lift my toddlers. I really didn't like having my MIL here that long. We butted heads a bit on how to run the home. She focused more on caring for HER child (my husband) than my small children. But instead of stressing over all of that, I chose to be thankful for the 6 weeks of help because after that I knew I'd be nonstop busy with a new baby and all of my children. I think you should do the same right now. Be thankful for the help and the rest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I remember how bad bedrest was, and after 5 1/2 months of it I'd had enough! My advice would be to keep yourself busy, watch a few shows that you like, read some books you've been putting off, any hobby that doesn't require you to get up too much (I crocheted, knit and quilted) talk on the phone to a friend you haven't seen in a while, really anything that will keep you distracted from how miserable it is to be in bed all day. You don't have much longer, you can do it! Then you'll have a sweet baby to keep you busy!
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 10:31 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Can't your mom go to your house for a couple of weeks?? I'm trying to figure out why you aren't on bedrest in your own home. But yes only two more weeks and you can go have the baby and get on with life. Wish I could be of more help. I know how it is I went thru the same thing when baby #4 was coming. Fortunately my mom and aunt came down to help dad out with the first three. You're almost done don't throw in the towel now.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 11:37 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Would you rather have your baby now and be staying in the NICU with him/her for a few weeks? Why can't your mom come to your house? That would make much more sense to me.
    Anonymous

• hang in there mama! you can do it!!!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:09 PM on May. 20, 2010

• First of all, I totally feel for you!! I'm 30 wks, and just spent a wk. in the hospital. I have a total placenta prevea, and am also on bedrest, and also have 3 kids. So I know what you're going through. It's a crappy situation all around, but I'll tell you what, while I was in the hospital I was told that if I start bleeding again, I'll be back in there until I have the baby. I was feeling pretty sorry for myself, until the dr. told me that there was 2 other girls with the same problem as me, except they were in the hospital until they gave birth, already, and one of the mom's was only at 11 1/2 wks, the other was at 26 1/2!!! So can you imagine sitting in a hospital w/ out your kids and hubby for all that time? I stopped feeling sorry for myself after I heard that!! It truly does suck, and I feel for you sooo much, and wish you the best, but it could be worse. Just keep reminding yourself of that. I pray it goes fast for ya
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 4:24 PM on May. 20, 2010