What would you do?

Would you take away what you have said you would take away if your child said "I don't care?"after you stated it? Would you add something to it to take away also?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on May. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would still stick by what you said you were going to do. Your child probably really does care, but just wants you to think they don't. My son does this at times when I say I'm going to take something away. Good luck!
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 8:43 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Always stick to your guns or your child will get the message that it doesn't matter what mom says because she's not going to follow through anyway. This is why you should always "say what you mean and mean what you say", because if you can't or won't follow through with a threat, the threats are meaningless and you lose your position of authority and image of being the one in control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I always follow through and it doesn't matter the threat. If you don't follow through you lose your position and potential effects of future threats working like they should. Because of the attitude I would honestly take something else away. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:44 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I agree, I would follow through. He probably does care, but if it turns out he doesn't you know to take something else next time. If he is being punished for something that is a big issue in your family, you can always take something else if he really doesn't care. Good luck!
    jenjen21502

Answer by jenjen21502 at 9:49 AM on May. 20, 2010