The White House releases statement: Student's mother will not be persecuted for living in US illegally. What kind of message is the White House sending to people thinking on coming here illegally?

The girl, a student at a suburban Maryland elementary school, expressed concern that her mother might not have the right "papers," after saying that President Obama "is taking everybody away that doesn't have papers."

"We have to fix that, and that everybody has got to work together in Congress to make sure that that happens," Mrs. Obama said.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Right you guys are going to believe a little girl who thinks her mom waited in line to vote? Maybe her mom was in one of the many protest for an immigration reform, maybe her mom just told her that they were going to vote as in not to confuse her child.

This little girl seriously broke my heart when she said this, so what you ladies want to do is for ICE to come knocking on their door take her mom away and possibly her father as well and what have her going to foster care? Or ship her back to her parents native countrywhere I can I bet my life on she has never been to. Right because that is the solution, take illegals back to their country and take children away from their parents send them off to foster care or to send them back to a place they have never been to in their life and learn to adapt a different way of life.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 11:54 AM on May. 20, 2010

• "Anchor baby" is a term used by immigration reductionists in the United States to describe a child born in the U.S. to illegal aliens. It is generally used as a derogatory reference to the supposed role of the child, who as a U.S. citizen through the legal principle of jus soli, may facilitate immigration for relatives through family reunification under the provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965.[1][2][3][4][5]
    wikipedia
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on May. 20, 2010

• That we are a notion of fairness and equality for everyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I think you mean Prosecuted. If, however, the family is of a Christian faith, yes they will be persecuted.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:12 AM on May. 20, 2010

• what is the white house saying by doing this? That they open their arms to illegal aliens everywhere and that they are not interested nor prepared to secure our borders for any reason whatsoever. They even had the information to keep the pantie bomber off of an airplane headed for the US, but they did not utilize that information. They were going to talk to him when he got here is what they say, and since his attempt to kill hundreds of people in mid air hadn't been stopped by the brave actions of a few just normal people, he would have succeeded and there would have been not talking with him when he got here. There would be cover ups to make sure that we didn't know that the government was responsible for the failure to keep another terrorist out of our country. This administration is one big fat fail.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I heard that on Rush yesterday. Ms Obama said We have to work on that to make sure everyone has the right kind of papers. blah blah blah. The White House and Congress sees nothing wrong with illegal immigrants being here. Our own laws mean jack. Which in my opinion, is insane!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 9:28 AM on May. 20, 2010

• The right word is PROSECUTED not persecuted.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I feel bad for the little girl. The First Lady couldn't say it on her face that her mother is breaking the law. But I'm sure the govt. with not prosecute the mother to avoid more controversy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on May. 20, 2010

• will* not prosecute
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on May. 20, 2010

• STUDENT: I have a question. My mom said -- my mom said that -- I think that she says that Barack Obama is taking everybody away that doesn’t have papers.

MRS. OBAMA: Yeah, well, that's something that we have to work on, right, to make sure that people can be here with the right kind of papers, right? That's exactly right.

STUDENT: But my mom doesn’t have … (crosstalk).

MRS. OBAMA: Yeah, well, we have to work on that. We have to fix that, and that everybody has got to work together in Congress to make sure that that happens. That's right.

From: WhiteHouse.gov
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on May. 20, 2010