Is it wrong to spend child support money on myself sometimes?

Like going to get my nails or hair done with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on May. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• if you think stealing from your own child is cool, then by all means go ahead
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:45 AM on May. 20, 2010

• i think soo. but we all know its done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I think it is wrng
    Anonymous

• If you have money to get your hair and nails done, then I suggest putting child support away for college or something of that nature. I realize child support is never ever enough to cover the total cost of raising a child...it isn't supposed too...only his portion, and I know that most times moms spend WAY more than what they get in support....but, to just go cash a cs check and have your nails done....bad form!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:48 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Do you spend your own money on your child?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:49 AM on May. 20, 2010

• If you are spending out of pocket more than 1/2 of your child's expenses, then yes - it's okay to take some of the child support to get things for yourself. However, if the child support is covering more than 1/2 of your child's expenses and you just have some left over, you should save it for things your child may need in the future.

Answer by missanc at 8:55 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I put my child support check in my bank account and use it for whatever we need at the time. I wouldn't take his check, cash it, and use it for my own personal shopping pleasures.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 8:56 AM on May. 20, 2010

• No it is not. You are supporting, raising and buying for your child or children. It's in no way wrong to spend on yourself as well. Do Stay at Home Moms think like that? Hell, no. They spend other people's money like it's water, right! What's the difference? I also paid rent, car payments, etc. with child support.

Don't let these jealoous, bitter moms tell you any different Hon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on May. 20, 2010

• ANON :57......SAHM do not spend other people's mone like it's water. WE AREN'T ALL ON PUBLIC ASSISTANCE, you ignorant cow!

As for Spending Child support on nails or hair for YOU.....YES THAT IS WRONG. Child support is to be spent on anything that benefits the child. Food, Clothes, Rent, Mortgage, etc.

But the SAHM comment was out of line!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on May. 20, 2010

• TROLL!!
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 9:05 AM on May. 20, 2010