Nose Bleeds?

I wonder if anyone else has h ad this problem and what you did. My 5 year old has woken me up the past two nights in the middle of the night with nose bleeds. Now he has thses during the day sometimes but never as severe as these last two at night. Has anyone else had this problem or maybe have some advice. I try to stay calm with him so he doesnt freak out but it takes a while to get the bleed to stop. Any help would be appericated. Just so you all know if it happens again tonight he will be seeing the doctor tomorrow. I mean that is only smart wi th your childs health.

keiths.mommy

Asked by keiths.mommy at 8:58 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Kids' Health

• For us, it usually meant the start of allergy issues and that the membranes in the nose needed a boost in moisture and our youngest would use a nasal saline spray once a week.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:00 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Oh my son is a Bleeder, he would get GUSHERS, would look like a blood bath. The best thing to do is to get Saline nasal spray and have your son use it as much as possible, also a saline nasal gel helps too. Those can be used as many times a day as needed. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:20 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I was that type of child....my nose would start bleeding for no reason at all during any time of the year day or night. A doctor who examined my nostrils found that my blood vessels were close to the skin's surface and offered to cauterize them, but my parents didn't have insurance or enough money so I just dealt with it. As I grew older they became less frequent. I still get a surprise bleeder now and then, but I'm always prepared.

You can take your son to the pediatrician to have him checked out to see if it is his anatomy, an allergy, or something physiologically going on.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:12 PM on May. 29, 2010