Conflicted. What do I do?

So I've been easing myself back into the dating scene and a crush from high school just resurfaced. Problem is, he lives two states away now and has a couple of children of his own. The crush feeling is back - and, best of all (or perhaps, worst of all), it's mutual. Both of us have child-parent relationship ties to our current homes. Aside from that, I'd hate for either of us to uproot our lives just to find out that we're not as compatable as we thought. Should I just shell out a bunch of money for plane tickets to visit? What would you do? Or am I just being completely irrational about the whole thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• That's a tough one. Would either of you be willing to move if you found that you would work out? If either of you wouldn't be willing to move, then it's probably a better idea to just let it go. If one or both of you would be willing to move, then it might be worth it to explore the relationship idea a bit. I would start with just e-mailing and talking on the phone and things like that, for a while. Get to know each other again. I don't know how long it's been since you graduated, but even if only a few years, you've both still changed and you may discover that you guys don't like the people you are now. If things go well in that department, then I'd move on to visiting, and see what happens. Just take things really slow.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:35 AM on May. 20, 2010

• i say go for it !!! ofcourse u arent going to make any stupid decision in future with will affect ure kids in a bad way. so y not give it a try ??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I agree with Tropicalmama. Explore things via phone and email and first decide if you guys still feel the same after some communication. If that works out and you are still interested, take a trip and visit and see how things go. I wouldn't make any major decisions without testing the waters a little. Good luck and I hope it works out.
    PassionateMom

Answer by PassionateMom at 9:46 AM on May. 20, 2010

• i would forget about it. before i started dating my dh i was talking to my highschool sweetheart i had lots of money and decided i would pay for us to go on a cruise..and guess what..after the cruise was over he was gone. he used me for a vacation and sex. I've since learned how much of a womanizer he is. He goes after nothing but little rich girls. He is currently dating a girl whose father was a pro wrestler. My point is...don't be the one chasing these dogs around..let them chase you
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:49 AM on May. 20, 2010

• let him pay for plane tickets
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:51 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I would just talk to him on phone and computer for awhile. If you know neither one of you can move then consider that but it is still nice to have a friend to talk to. I agree with not paying for plane tickets if he wants to come see you he can but let him pay.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:36 AM on May. 20, 2010