walking question?

my son is almost 13 months old and still only walks about 50-75% of the time then he ends up crawling. i don't know if its because its faster but when do babies start walking full time? around what age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• every baby is different. can't actually have a 100% answer for that. some walk before a year and some after. i think up until 17months is ok. but if he is walking its fine even some of the time. they get tired easily. my grandmother would tell me they are very cautious when they are learning to walk. enjoy it. trust me once they are always walking they are into everything. don't rush him to grow up so fast. they are only little for a little while. good luck. enjoy your little boy.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:46 AM on May. 20, 2010

• It would be more useful to know how long your child has been walking vs actual age. It takes kids a bit to get comfortable enough with walking to do it full time. My son didn't even start to walk until 16 1/2 months but then started walking exclusively very soon after that. If y our child is more cautious by nature, it might just take a little longer.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 11:42 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I read that 9 to 16 months is the range when they usually start walking with 13mo being the average. I wouldnt worry. My son took his first steps at 9 months 2 days and he well be 11 months next week and walks just as much as he crawls. It takes a while for them to get used to it.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 7:24 PM on May. 20, 2010

• he took his first steps at 11.5 months. he was 5 weeks early...hes walking but just not all the time he will walk all the way from the living room to the bedroom and back but sometimes he likes to crawl more
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on May. 21, 2010