Cold Sore

So I have a cold sore on my lip... I was wondering if I could put rubbing alcohol on it to dry it up quicker.. or any other suggestions? Cold sore treatment is way toe expensive... thanks!

Morgan.

Asked by Morgan. at 10:01 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Health

• oooooouch!!! That just seems like that would be so painful! I know Abreva works really well, but it is expensive. My hubby gets cold sores (knock on wood) I've never had one so I've never really looked at what is out there. Maybe you could find a generic or drug store brand that would work for you.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 10:03 AM on May. 20, 2010

• yes i get them from time to time and i always put rubbing alcohol on it plus some abreva so yes u can put it on there, you can also buy some carmex chapstick
    shanda0914

Answer by shanda0914 at 10:12 AM on May. 20, 2010

• ABREVA lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I put campho phenique on my cold sore, whenever I get one. I got the idea from my dad. It's what he does, and it seems to work really well. I put it on with a q-tip, at least 3 times a day.
    I had a prescription once (don't think it was Abreva, it was a long time ago) and it only shortened the symptoms by a day. Completer waste of money. Another thing you can do is get some L-lysine from the health food store. I've been taking it once a month and haven't had any cold sores in a couple years.
    mawd

Answer by mawd at 2:59 PM on May. 20, 2010