Does anyone think it's a bad idea for my 17yr old daughter to want her stepfather in the delivery room with her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on May. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• No
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:16 AM on May. 20, 2010

• If she's comfortable with him there, I don't see the problem.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:18 AM on May. 20, 2010

• If she wants him there, why is that a bad thing? For me, I only wanted my DH in there, but my mother snuck in anyways... This time, I'm not even going to let her in the hospital so she can't do it again...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:18 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Why would it be a problem.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:18 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I think it's your daughters choice. It is a time to be surrounded by people she loves and who love her. I see nothing wrong with it.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 10:18 AM on May. 20, 2010

• does she only want him and not you or her boyfriend/babies daddy? how long has the step father been in her life...not really weird if he has been there for a long time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on May. 20, 2010

• No. She should have whoever she feels the most comfortable with, and needs support from. If they have a good relationship, he should most definitely be there for her!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:22 AM on May. 20, 2010

• NO
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 10:27 AM on May. 20, 2010

• NO!! My stepdad held my hand through my entire birthing process. He was more comforting then my mom was. :) Nothing wrong with it at all.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:31 AM on May. 20, 2010

• no. Why don't you want him in there? He's her stepdad. I think her asking him to be in there goes to show that she thinks very highly of him and has accepted him as "family".
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:31 AM on May. 20, 2010