not sure what to look for

My son is 9 months and still nursing so I never know if/ when I will have a period. Dh and I are ttc again. My issue is that I don't know what signs to look for since I've never ttc while still nursing. In my other pregnancies it was my bobbs getting bigger and more tender. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what would be the signs to look for sinceĀ  my period id unperdictable. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Um, just have sex, if you experience any early pregnancy symptoms then do a test. Otherwise wait till you wean your baby
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:18 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Why should she have to wait until she weans her child. My mother was nursing me when she got pregnant with my brother. If your period is sparatic then you may have to just wait and see if you get any weird symptoms, then test. You know your body and what feels normal and what doesn't.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 10:21 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I not saying she "should" wait, but if she wants to know her cycle then to wait untill weaning.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:24 AM on May. 20, 2010

• From what I understand, if you chart and have a raised temperature for like 15 days after ovulation, there's a good chance you'd be pregnant. Now thhat isn't going to help if you're already pregnant and you just now start charting. But if you aren't, then charting would be a good way to guess whether or not you get pregnant next cycle.
    AmazingAmanda

Answer by AmazingAmanda at 10:25 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Some women ovulate and thus have periods while nursing (I got mine 6 weeks post-partum while nursing around the clock). Other women don't. If you are not ovulating, you won't conceive. It is possible to get pregnant when you haven't seen a period yet only if you get pregnant that first time you ovulate.. Otherwise, no period means you're not ovulating, yet, most likely due to the nursing.

You need to track your ovulation. (Look into tracking your basal body temp). If you do ovulate, and have sex around ovulation, you can wait about 3 weeks after that and then take a pregnancy test.
    Anonymous