Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this criminal?? Help!!

You tell a guy to leave you alone a few times. He shows up at your place, sits in your parking lot to see what you are doing. He texts me after I tell him to stop. Once in the middle of the night. makes craigslist add about me. Can the police do anything about this?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (6)
  • Yes you can file a restraining order, call the police to your house and make it very obvious that you are terrified and he is stalking you

    Answer by threeeunder3 at 10:19 AM on May. 20, 2010

  • I would think it would qualify as stalking. Call the police and talk to them about it. They should be able to guide you in the right direction as to what can be done.

    Answer by tropicalmama at 10:19 AM on May. 20, 2010

  • I agree with threeeunder3...thats what I would do.

    Answer by rlhall1980 at 10:19 AM on May. 20, 2010

  • you cant get an order of protection unless he has threatened your life. BUT this is stalking call the police. and also start to document everything he does, dates times, what he says. take it to court with you if it comes to that.

    Answer by Bearsjen at 10:20 AM on May. 20, 2010

  • You can get a restraining order, if you dont he's legally alowed to ,well in PA anyways, i had a step mother when i was younger and when my dad divorced her she would sit out there and when he would call the cops and they come out they told him that its a public street, so id definitely get a restraining order.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on May. 20, 2010

  • Write it all down in a notebook by hand. Don't do it on the computer or he can say you made it all up. Even use a different pen every day to make it even more infallible. Every time, and I mean EVERY time he contacts you or you see him, write it down. Date and time every interaction. Call the police, tell them what you know now. It is stalking, but I'm not sure they can do anything without proof. Tell them the truth, tell them you're scared if you're scared, and tell them you're going to start documenting everything, and every time you see him, you're going to call the cops.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on May. 20, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.