Hair extensions

I would like to have my hair long, but I just can't get it to grow out and look full anymore. My stylist says I'm just not going to be able to have it look nice beyond my shoulders. I'm thinking of getting hair extensions - has anyone had any experience? What are the pros and cons?
Thanks!

alohamalu

Asked by alohamalu at 10:24 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I know if you have fine hair, extensions can be really bad for your hair. I've always wanted to get them just to give my hair some body, but I have been told by several different stylists that it would be a really bad idea for me.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 10:25 AM on May. 20, 2010

• it depends on what type of extentions... clip in ones are not as bad for fine hair as tracks that are sewed in and def not as bad as the glue in ones..
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 10:28 AM on May. 20, 2010

• i am looking to get arm pit hair extensions. i have heard this is in right now. i am thinking blonde so it isn't so noticable just incase it isn't in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Anon 9:38, thank you so much, I really needed a good chuckle. :-)
    And for the original question, I'd get a couple opinions from professionals about if it was a good choice for my hair and styling habits and go with that.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:43 PM on May. 20, 2010

• The glue-in ones suck, I can def tell you that! I used them one year to get long hair for New Year's, and they were such a pain in the ass that I spent 4 hours with the removal oil and a toothbrush the next day taking them out (that's what it took to get the damn glue off of my head).
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 10:07 PM on May. 20, 2010