does your boyfriend/husband get turned on when you're sad/upset?

Ok this might sound really strange to some people, but my husband gets a hard-on when I cry or when I'm sad. I didn't really notice it until recently, but it's always been that way and it's sort of amusing to me. He's very supportive, a good listener and he comforts me and he won't actually try to have sex with me if I'm sad or upset, but his excitement is obvious. Usually when the issue is settled or I start feeling better, he'll initiate sex.
I was just super curious if this is like a rare phenomena or if your husband/boyfriend reacts in a similar fashion? I feel like it's probably because he's seeing me in a distressed state and wants to make me feel better??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• Mine hubby thinks i am so beautiful when i cry, which i take as a compliment because people looks strange when they cry.
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 10:50 AM on May. 20, 2010

• That's weird.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on May. 20, 2010

• It's called dacrylagnia i think. Men who get turned on by a woman's tears. Have heard about it, but never been with anyone who is aroused by tears.
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 11:03 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Oh my, lol, yes he does! I have given this topic a bit of thought and now I see it's not just him. Almost every time I am really upset and crying it leads to some sort of sexual activity. He also thinks I'm adorable when I'm ticked off and pouty.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:06 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Sorry, it's dacrylphilia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dacryphilia
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 11:09 AM on May. 20, 2010

• My SO gets turned on when I'm angry. We usually have angry sex. It's AWESOME.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on May. 20, 2010

• EVERY TIME I get upset it turns him on, and leads to sex. I also think it's the fact that he wants to make me feel better, and maybe likes the challenge of trying to make me feel better. lol.
    I had no idea other men did this!
    Anonymous