Why, WHY do people continue to do this???

Bring their babies to the movies? We took our son to see Iron Man 2 last night. On both my right and my left, there were couple with a baby and the other with a boy who couldn't have been older than 1 1/2. As soon as the lights went down, they both started fussing and crying. The mom with the toddler wasn't any quieter when she would loudly shush her son, like he was going to say "sorry mom, I'll sit here quietly until the movie is over." I don't get it. If I don't have a sitter, I stay home. Please have some respect for the people who dropped $50 or more on tickets and refreshment to enjoy a movie in peace!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't understand it either. It's rude to have your crying or fussing child in the movies disturbing everyone else. It doesn't matter how much one has paid to see it either. It's no one's business if a couple takes their child, who actually is old enough to just watch the movie, and drops however much money they want on it. It becomes everyone's business when people spend money on a movie just to hear someone's child cry all the way through it. I can't even buy the argument that they couldn't get a sitter and shouldn't have to miss out on a movie. Every now and then parents have to miss out on something because they can't get a sitter. It falls under being a parent.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:45 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I totally agree! I would love to go see a movie with my 10 yr old, but I don't go bc I also have a 2yr old!
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 10:55 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I don't get it either. I would have asked for my money back and left. Why do these places allow it as well?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I agree!!! I would love to bring my DD to the movies because she might like it but I will not take the chance that she wont and interupt all the other people who spent money!!! Going to the movies is expensive these days!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:57 AM on May. 20, 2010

• awwww the movies.. havent been to one in a long time, always waiting for them to come out on Blueray so I can rent it for $4 instead of spending $50 lol but I agree with you I never liked it either, But what can you do?
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 10:59 AM on May. 20, 2010

• i agree. i wouldve even went and asked for my money back. I think people with children that small should hit up the early movies or find a sitter. I don't mind taking my son to see a pg movie and there being small children there though, its expected
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:03 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Yes, that is really inappropriate. In Iron Man 2 we sat next to a couple with a 4 or 5 year old. I think that is inappropriate too. The movie is too violent for a kid that age.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 11:07 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I agree. We tried to take our LO's to see Toy Story in 3D. They usually do pretty good at home, so we thought we'd give it a shot. (They're 3 and 4) Well we were there about 15 minutes before they started wanting to talk and run around. So we left. It wasn't fair to the other paying customers. I hated that we wasted $50, but now we know. We'll probably try it again in about 6 months or so, but if they still run around, we'll leave again.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:07 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I always took my son from birth. He never fussed. He "watched" or slept. If he had even attempted to fuss, I would have taken him out. But, I never had to. There is a big difference in a mom bringing in a kid that she knows won't sit still or be quiet and mine that I knew would.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:07 AM on May. 20, 2010

• If you think Iron Man 2 is bad for 5 year olds, then you would not want to know the movies my son has watched. LOL

I also want to point out. A 4 or 5 year old should understand to sit still and be quiet. Whether you are at a movie or in a Library.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:09 AM on May. 20, 2010