What are you or what would you get a 2 year old for their birthday?

ktidwell

Asked by ktidwell at 11:01 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I got my niece some finger paints, I got my sister a drum set for her second birthday (I was already out of the house, thought mom would have fun with it!), I got Kiwi books, a giant giraffe, play dough. I would have got the paints for her, but she didn't like to get dirty. I also took her to pick out a couple dresses, since it's all she really wanted to wear.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:08 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Something that they can use for the summer - A Big Wheel bike is a great idea (my son has had his for 2 years already and will use it again this year.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:28 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Something that allows them to start to use their imagination. My son adores the play food set he got when he was 2 (still playing with it a year later). I'd avoid things with batteries that make them go (i.e. cars, trains, etc) and go for push versions instead. Blocks and toys made of blocks are also popular.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 11:45 AM on May. 20, 2010

• my twins got tricycles with a long handle that can be used for pushing and steering the trike. my 2 yo boy loves thomas the train, and cars and trucks. my 2 yo girl loves dress up clothes, play kitchen and food, and baby dolls.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:52 PM on May. 20, 2010