Would you/do you call your child... (Pardon the language please)

... 'little sh*t'? I was completely shocked, appalled, disgusted, you name it when a friend of a friend posted something on Facebook about her child and used the above phrase (I refuse to type it out again, it seems so vulgar, blech) and not in an endearing way, if that is even possible. Do you call your child that? Would you ever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on May. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• i may joke around and say it but not in a mean hurtful way...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on May. 20, 2010

• i would never call my child that !! maybe a ''little monster'' but that too in an affectionate way. i'm calling my DH and kids ''cookie monsters'' all the time.. but vulgar language ?? never.
    that woman must be a troll .. better yet, illiterate and uneducated. illiterate moms tend to use dirty language for and infront of their families (especially their little children)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on May. 20, 2010

• I do. Jokingly of course. When my son will get into the dog's water, I'll say something like, "Oh you little sh*t!" But I'm laughing when I say it. It's not like we hate our kids. I don't see the harm. Or when he's running from me when he has something he shouldn't, I'll say, "Come here you little sh*t" lol...it's not a big deal. He's 11 month, he has no idea what I'm saying. I think it's cute. No harm done. I think you're just a little too uptight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on May. 20, 2010

• no, but i do call my 2 lil dogs that..but theyre part shihtzu..lol :)

i call my daughter a lil brat...but i would never incorporate swear words at her
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:00 PM on May. 20, 2010

• omg wow.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 12:02 PM on May. 20, 2010

• My mom called us that, its not a big deal to me...
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 12:07 PM on May. 20, 2010

• illiterate moms tend to use dirty language for and infront of their families (especially their little children)

Really!?! Then explain how I read what you said? Because I use "dirty" language all the time.
    My daughter got the runs as a toddler, and I referred to her as "little shit" to family, because that's all she did for two days. I would never cuss "to" her, but I do around her. She knows that there are words she can't say, and she doesn't say them. Just because I do, I'm not illiterate or uneducated.
    If someone wants to call their kid little shit, why is it anyone's business?
    Anonymous

• My mom called us that when we were older. Joking. A small child though. Never. The worst I call my girls are little brats. I don't swear at them or call them swear words. I think its degrading.
    Anonymous

• Lol, I guess we are all illiterate. How the HELL did we get on Cafemom??
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 12:30 PM on May. 20, 2010

• No, not even in a joking way. In order to set a good example for your kids,you need to keep your language clean and never destroy their self esteem by calling them names. I would hope that is obvious but I guess not. Use your heads.......
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:56 PM on May. 20, 2010