Depression? anything that works like from a health store? I have no insurance

Only depression meds I can get cheap enough at the health clinic is prozac or celexa and I"ve tried both and didnt work for me, any herbal stuff out there that anyones had success with?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on May. 20, 2010 in Health

• http://www.naturalnews.com/020611_depression_nutrition.html

Try this, it worked for me, its not a magical cure, you have to have the right state of mind too but it helps... GL, I know how tuff it can be.
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 12:06 PM on May. 20, 2010

• You asked, so I'll tell you... the BEST thing for depression is lots of sunshine, fresh air, hydration, and physical activity.

When you feel out of it, down, angry, hurt, confused, want to cry- grab a bottle of water and start walking (I take all 3 of my kids with me, so that's not an excuse). Don't give yourself a destination, or a time limit. Just walk. I do this several times a week, I also keep the shades open so I always have natural light, and STAY HYDRATED. Believe me or not, being dehydrated (which, if you are thirsty, you already are) is a HUGE factor in how you feel.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:09 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I completely agree with ObbyDobbie... Speaking from experience, you don't always need medication. I have no insurance either so I can't afford medication. I just changed my surroundings and the food I ate. Disassociated myself from people who was always bringing me down... You just gotta have a little will power.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:52 PM on May. 20, 2010

• There is a herbal I suggest that comes in trial form. You can try it for a while to see how it works for you without paying the full price then if it works for you then you can get the full bottle. I've tried it personally and I did see a difference in myself. Message me for info about the Calming herbal.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 3:49 PM on May. 20, 2010