What would make a great gift for me to give my daughter that would be meaningful to congratulate her on her first pregnancy?

rebel_lawless

Asked by rebel_lawless at 12:21 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• My favorite gift from my mother is my charm bracelet. She bought them for my sister and I (and for herself) when we graduated from high school. Everytime we had a big event we would buy each other a new charm. I recieved charms when graduating college, when I got married, when my sons were born. It is very special to me, and now even more so since I lost my mom to cancer 2 years ago.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 12:23 PM on May. 20, 2010

• My mom gave me my baby blanket and my grandma gave me a dress I had as a toddler. It was great. If you still have anything it would be great.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 12:25 PM on May. 20, 2010

• oooohhh I cannot top LaciD's Idea... That's a GREAT idea! I think I'm going to have to take up that one myself haha. : )

I was going to suggest a book on motherhood, heartfelt card, and or a heart necklace that says Mom inside.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 12:25 PM on May. 20, 2010

• When you know the due date, or when the baby is born, you can get her a ring or necklace or something with the baby's birthstone on it. Or something having to do with the three generations. After Kiwi was born, Mom took a picture of all of us, Kiwi, myself, her, her mom, and her grandmother, and that was nice. It's something she has tried to do for everyone when a baby was born.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:26 PM on May. 20, 2010

• and her grandmother
    I was mistaken, her grandmother wasn't there.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:27 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I really like LaciD's idea and I think I'm going to have to use that one. I was going to suggest a necklace that says Mom on it. My mom gave me that when my first son was born and I cherish it.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 12:28 PM on May. 20, 2010

• My favorite gifts from my parents were really something that I will pass on to my daughter because it was really a gift for her. They filled out these books called "Grandmother remembers" and "Grandfather remembers". They are pretty  memory books will fill in the blanks. They have family tree information, what life was like when they were growing up, what I was like growing up, and other stuff like that.

My 11 year old has just become interested in reading them, and we pulled them out just the other day when we were talking about heritage. (we've been watching "who do you think you are") There is a lot of stuff in there that I didn't know and it was cool that my parents took the time to fill the books out. I especially cherish them because both my parents passed away two years ago. 

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:29 PM on May. 20, 2010

• You will probably get her so many things for her pregnancy. Anything you give her, she will be grateful!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:31 PM on May. 20, 2010

• A locket with a picture of the two of you in it that says mommy or mom in the front or back. If you can find a pic of the two of you togther when she was a baby that would melt her heart I'm sure!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 12:45 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I have a charm bracelet and I LOVE it. My children love asking me over and over what each charm means. I also love to scrapbook. Maybe you could get her an album and some starter supplies and work on it together throughout her pregnancy (with pics you have of her growing up) and continue to work on it after the baby is born (that will get you both some together time)
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 12:58 PM on May. 20, 2010