GAY couple in Malawi get 14yrs in jail. What would happen in U.S if being Gay was a crime?

I only ask this , due to this article.
Malawi is a small country in South East Africa. Imagine if this is what happened here!
http://www.news24.com/Africa/News/Malawi-gay-couple-gets-14-yrs-20100520

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Uh the same thing!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:01 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I don't think anyone wants those who are Gay to be a crime, I am sure there are a few who might like that, but I am sure they are in the minority. But we want the FREEDOM to teach our kids as we please with out the GAY agenda being shoved down their throats.

Anonymous

• If being gay became criminal here,the U.S. population would probably drop, considering many people(including myself) would move out. The point of our country was freedom.

Just like if being a Christian became criminal,i would feel the same.

AngiDas

Answer by AngiDas at 1:26 PM on May. 20, 2010

• There are many born again and radical Christians who already think being Gay is a crime. Hopefully, the normal and intelligent people in the USA outnumber the Morons so that Gays will continue to be free to live without persecution.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 1:36 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Maybe they would understand that it is a choice and stop trying to push the disgusting lifestyle on the rest of us.
    Anonymous

• Hey Gertie, since when does being a Christian turn one into a Moron? Believing in God does not take away from my intelligence, nor does it make me abnormal. I just love how "tolerant" some of you are, when someone does not see the world the same way that you do. I don't think that being gay is a crime. I just don't think it is right in God's eyes. But I don't go around trying to shove my view down everyone's throat, nor do I denigrate those who think there is nothing at all wrong with it.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:36 PM on May. 20, 2010

• anon, Maybe they would understand that it is a choice and stop trying to push the disgusting lifestyle on the rest of us.

Is anyone forcing YOU yo be gay?????some try to push the heterosexual lifestyle, to fit in, now that is more disgusting! The only choice they have is to life their life in a true and sincere fashion, not to please the section of society that condems them.

Answer by older at 3:51 PM on May. 20, 2010

I have yet to see any gay person try to "push their lifestyle" onto a heterosexual. None of my gay friends have ever told anyone straight that they should be gay. I have, however, seen/heard (mostly on CM, go figure) many heterosexuals saying that being gay is a choice, that's it's evil, gay people should change their "disgusting" ways, see the light of god, repent and stop sinning, that they will burn in hell, etc etc.

So... whom is trying to push their lifestyle on whom? BTW wanting equal rights is NOT the same as "pushing a lifestyle".
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 8:32 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I think that we should be thankful for the fact that we do live in a country where it is not legal to be persecuted against simply because you are Gay, Christian, etc etc . While we all complain about high oil prices , slow economy at least we can practice our choices in freedom. I feel sorry for these two guys whose only crime ( really) was probably that they love each other and although they knew the consequences of their actions , they came out ( literally) and now they will spend 14rs in Hell....
    TakeNoticeNow

Answer by TakeNoticeNow at 12:56 PM on May. 21, 2010