Morning Sickness...

or should I say all day sickness. I was not like this with my first child, I don't think I had ever felt better back then (almost 5 years ago) but this morning I could not stand up for fear of running to the toilet. All day it has been saltines and water, the idea of food right now makes me sick to my stomach. What do I do? I want to eat I have been good so far ( I am almost 7 weeks) it just hit me this morning pretty hard. Any ideas for those of you that have gone down this road before.

Savymom25

Asked by Savymom25 at 12:52 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Suck on lemon heads and preggo pops... I lived on them for the first 6 months...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:54 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Get some Zofran from you OB. That is the only think that I took that actually worked and I had serious morning sickness. I lost 30lbs before i got this medicine, then i finally started to gain weight like your supposed to.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 12:55 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Thanks I ordered the Preggo pops off Amazon, they will be here tomorrow. I will go to the store and see what else I can find.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 12:56 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I know they have more now than when I was pregnant cause my ALL DAY sickness lasted for 6 months.. I found some things at toys r us of all places and babies r us for sickness, they have bars and suckers and I think there were a couple others - I remember thinking Man, that would have been helpful! I feel your pain mommy, I wouldn't take meds unless absolutely necessary for them though. I rarely threw up, I more was SO nasueous I was afraid of throwing up all day every day..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:59 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I never had morning sickness with my son but have worked at a hospital and when the patients get nauseous we put sea bands on them or give them a quease ease stick to sniff. (sea bands press the accupressure points on your wrist to help, and quease ease have ingredients in them thats tone it down. Also, plain old alcahol wipes. I know it sounds wierd but i keep them at home for that!!!! Ya sniff em and it helps!!!
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:26 PM on May. 20, 2010

• This pregnancy I've been using Sea Bands, lemon heads, drinking 1 mt dew in the morning and eat pretzels all day long.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:56 PM on May. 20, 2010

• my first pregnancy was a breeze too, but i'm currently 15 wks pregnant with our 2cd and I also experienced horrible all day sickness. Honestly, in my case, nothing really worked. Hard candy's would provide a small temporary relief, like to drive somewhere or do something important. and salty stuff. I lived off saltines and soup basically for 3 months. But once I hit around 13 wks everything got better. So just rough it out for 3 months and you should be fine
    Super09Mom

Answer by Super09Mom at 2:46 PM on May. 20, 2010

• First time around it was saltines and sprite lol. This time I get motion sick on top of the regular all-day nausea- hard butterscotches help, and anything salty does pretty well for me. A friend recommended fresh ginger- cut a slice off the root and suck on it until the nausea goeas away.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 5:19 PM on May. 20, 2010