Would you be able to pack 1 suitcase for a family of three (21-month-old toddler) for a week long vacation?

I'm going to try to do this and am hoping other people have been successful! We're visiting my parents so we have a washer/dryer, diapers, wipes, booster seat, etc., already there. To pay another $50 for one more suitcase is crazy to me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Travel

• If you will have access to a washer and dryer and don't mind using someone else's it would be possible. Baby clothes are so small anyways! Have fun!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:54 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I couldn't pack one suitcase for me for a week long vacation much less for 3 people lol. Last time I went on vacation (with DH and 2 sons) I felt like I was moving.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 12:56 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Both you and hubby should each get 1 suit case, so that makes 2. No, I couldn't pack us (a family of 3) in 1 suit case. My husband is 6'3" and his jeans alone are bulky. Hope it works for you!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 12:57 PM on May. 20, 2010

• No way.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 1:01 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Yes it's possible, but you'll have to leave the kitchen sink at home :)
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 1:11 PM on May. 20, 2010

• My husband and I packed one suitcase for a 10 day trip for two. We found out what size our carry on bags could be, ( go to your airlines website, and it should tell you exactly what size bags can be carry-on's, we were able to take good size duffle bags! And your purse doesn't count, so take a nice size one, and fill it too!) and packed things we would need in the carry-on's as well. On the way back we had to UPS the things we bought back home!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:12 PM on May. 20, 2010

• It would have to be an absolutely HUGE suitcase!!

Answer by missanc at 1:57 PM on May. 20, 2010

• No. I wouldn't. Use a backpack or something for the toddler.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 2:25 PM on May. 20, 2010

• You could probably do it with a big suitcase, and two carry ons.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 2:44 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I couldn't. I need a suitcase plus a small suitcase for toiletries just for myself. Good luck!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:48 PM on May. 20, 2010