Would you consider this rude? How would you handle it?

It's my friends 30th birthday. This weekend I asked her one friend if she wanted to take her out to dinner and drinks. She said yes no problem. The guest of honor also agreed and invited her other friend. The other friend said ok and I will invite so and so and so and so's friend. The guest of honor really wasn't planning on inviting those other girls. But her friend took it upon herself to invite them. Should the bday girl say anything? or just let them come along? They weren't invited! lol There's a reason behind it but don't want to get into it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Entertainment

• Well if she doesn't want them there, then she should say something. If she doesn't say anything then she only has herself to blame. She's a grown woman, she can make her own choices and live with them :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:08 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Yeah, it's rude, but maybe "uninviting" them would cause more trouble than it's worth, and turn it into more of a negative situation. I dunno....
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:09 PM on May. 20, 2010

• If its her bday & she doesn't want them there then she should tell em that she doesn't want them to come. It is her b day, she should be surrounded by ppl she cares about & that care about her. If I was the b day girl I'd also call the friend who invited them & ask her to check w/ me in the future before inviting ppl. if its gonna cause a problem, & she doesn't want to confront them, say its an intimate gathering & the "reservation" can't be changed.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 2:09 PM on May. 20, 2010