My ex will not move on and leave me alone.

It's been almost 7 months and he's still playing mind games. He's in a bad situation and knows there's nothing left to fight about or for as far as our children or a relationship goes but he won't lay off. He says he'll stop, won't make things hard and leave me alone and then he pulls some immature stunt to try and get me going.

I'm about to lose it.

Anyone else been in a situation like this? Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• I had an ex that followed me everywhere, would call me 20 times in 1 hour and just crazy!! I changed my number and moved.... not fun!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:04 PM on May. 20, 2010

• My ex wouldn't leave me alone for THREE YEARS! Then he found another girl and finally left me alone. Just keep informing him that you are not interested. Change your phone number and don't give it to him or don't answer his calls.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:13 PM on May. 20, 2010

• cant really change your # without informing him, unless there is another way he can contact you.. especially if you guys have kids together. unless the kids are old enough to have phones of their own.

is there a visitation paper or something? maybe add in there that he's only allowed to call at certain hours on certain days, unless in a case of an emergency. like he can call on mon, wed and fri anywhere between 5-7pm. or something..?
    Anonymous

• It is time to tell him point blank it is over and done with, he has no business calling you unless it is about the kids. You are going to have to stand firm and set limits with him--- and do not back down. I would tell him he is only allowed to call you if he is calling to discuss the kids. NO personal talk. If he starts in on personal-- hang up. I would also set a specific day/time for him to call (about the kids). I would consult with the lawyer and try to get that included in the paperwork--
    Anonymous

• oh yeah....
    set the specific time/day for him to call and only about the kids. If he calls at other times say "sorry this is not the time/day we agreed upon" and hang up.
    You may want to record his calls, and have your lawyer hear them, maybe he/she can put something in the paperwork to restrict him from calling you whenever he wants
    Anonymous

• What stunts has he pulled? Is it excessive phone calls? or is he screwing up times to pick up your kids for visitation?
    I would suggest seeing a lawyer and making sure that there are very specific rules as far as communication with you and seeing your children. Make sure the boundaries are clear and in writing. Never let him manipulate you into arguing or discussing anything but the kids.
    Anonymous

• Restraining order!!

That's what I had to do.
    Anonymous

• My x was too but I didnt play along. Took him 2 years but he finally got the hint. He would come over to my apartment (when I was single) to "see our daughter" but he was really making sure I wasnt sleeping with anyone. So I put "lovey" ringtones on my cell so when people called (no matter who) you would hear "starts in my toes makes me crinkle my nose..." "I'm so addicted to-all the things you do-when you're going down on me..." LOL He HATED it. That is finally when he let off.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 3:05 PM on May. 20, 2010