Okay what is your opinon do you think its right for a mother to spend child support on her other kids that don't get child support?

There is a court order but he still don't pay there is a warrant out for his arrest. But if I pay all my bills and one of my kids needs something then I take my check and buy for that child.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• I do. Only DD#1's dad pays. Once the child support goes into my account it is spent on what is needed in my home. If that means a new pair of shoes for DD # 2 (her dad is long gone) then she gets a new pair of shoes. I'm not going to let her go without shoes just because her dad doesn't pay! And luckily for me, DD#1's dad agrees. He would rather me spend a little of his money on her to make sure she has enough, then to spend excessively on his daughter who has more than enough since he buys her stuff on the side in addition to giving me money.

Anonymous

• I think child support is to help support the child.

If I recieved it, i would just put all my money together and pay what needed to be paid and buy what needed to be bought.

I would put a savings aside for the child, even if it is 10. or 20. a week. Something.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:15 PM on May. 20, 2010

• If I received it, i would just put all my money together and pay what needed to be paid and buy what needed to be bought.

That is what I do. All my money goes in one account and I budget what we need out of that.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:16 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I would think it is fine as long as it isn't always only going to the other child. they both should equally get things.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 1:37 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I do. I get child support for my oldest, but for my son, I do not, because we live with his father. But I spend it on whatever I need. I spend it on gas, clothes/food for the kids. We only get $35 a week, and we don't even really need it, but yeah, I use it on my son too.
    Anonymous

• if all the money I have that week is the child support from my first husband...and my current husband needs gas to get to work I buy it, if our son needs something, I buy it, but I also buy what my daughter needs as well.
    I will take a whole check and pay the "Dish" bill, which is enjoyed by everybody.

I hate, in a seething kinds of way HATE my EX and I will waste his money as I see fit.....my current DH would never let my daughter go without just because she isn't his...he paid for her prom dress not her bio sperm donor.
    I just have no regards for the ex or his money. I could care less if I have it or not
    Anonymous

• welll as long as you do it for All your children! like whoever needs something at the moment there is NOTHING wrong with that! it is child support and u are supporting your children!!! they are siblings they need to look out for eachother anyway! and as for the guy that doent pay.....i kno u are so frustrated and maybe not understanding how it got there when he might have used to been so diffreent but they change! they end up just caring about money and bla bla! its soooo weird!
    innocentmyworld

Answer by innocentmyworld at 7:16 PM on May. 20, 2010

• If it's something that your child NEEDS, then I don't see a problem with it. As long as all your kids are doing ok, they will never know the difference (unless you share financial info with them). It's YOUR money- the child support is being paid to you, not the child.
    My SD's BM would take the c/s money & get her hair done, get her nails done, buy herself new clothes... all while my SD was walking around with matted hair in torn & stained clothes from Goodwill. I don't think that's right because she was neglecting my SD for her own selfish wants. But you don't sound like you're doing that at all! From what you have posted here, you sound like a sensible person :)
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 4:06 PM on May. 22, 2010