Happy birthday wishes on facebook?

It seems that now that everyone has a facebook, there's no need to call me on my birthday. Does anyone else think this is impersonal? I call people to tell them happy birthday. I felt a little bad when no one called me on my birthday. Instead there were a million facebook messages saying happy birthday. What if you never checked your facebook? You'd be stuck all day wondering why you were forgotten on your birthday. What do you ladies think? Impersonal? Should you call someone on there birthday, or does a facebook message suffice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nope. I agree. People use text and Facebook as a way to communicate EVERYTHING these days. I think your close friends and family should have called.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 1:22 PM on May. 20, 2010

• hehehe. i actually make a list of how my friends and family usually wish me on my birthday.. via phone, fb , text or those who dont wish me at all.. then on their birthdays i wish them accordingly .. usually my family and really close friends (which are 3) call on my bday. and my DH takes me out on dinner.. so i guess thats good enough for me. rest of them get (or dont get) exactly the treatment they give to me
    Anonymous

• I just went through this too. I got more messages on facebook and through texts than actual phone calls and cards. Not that I expected cards, its just a more traditional way that I used for comparison. It's kind of ironic that I read this today to because it's my dad's bday and although I plan on calling him later, I did post bday wishes on his facebook. I don't post to peoples that I don't see on there on a regular basis though. It is a little impersonal but I understand that people are busy and sometimes it's easier for them to do it through facebook. At least they remembered right! lol
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 1:26 PM on May. 20, 2010

• If its close friends or family I call or visit for their birthday. if i cant get ahold of them personally I say it on facebook.
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 1:27 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I get MORE birthday wishes thanks to facebook. Before facebook, I'd be lucky if 5 people called me. On facebook, I get 30-50 birthday wishes. I prefer the facebook way. ;)
    Anonymous

• FB message is fine. I hate using the phone, so I'm glad there are more ways to avoid it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:57 PM on May. 20, 2010

• everything now days is impersonal. No one sends B-day, Christmas cards anymore. People don't RSVP to parties. If you want to get ahold of someone you have to text because they won't answer the phone.
    People now days are lazy!
    Anonymous

LOL definitely the same here. People tend to forget your birthday, but on FB it shows it. I've gotten a 'Happy Birthday' from people that I haven't seen in 20 years.
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 7:15 PM on May. 20, 2010

• jucyfrut: thats what makes it so impersonal to me. they all only know its you birthday because of a reminder thats posted on the screen. if they are important to me, i remember their birthday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on May. 21, 2010