suggestions for where to get my daughter's 1st haircut?

She's almost 3 and we haven't cut it yet... it has grown really long and we've liked the way it has looked uncut. Now the ends are getting pretty stringy... and she's a little scared of getting her hair cut since she's pretty attached to it. Any advice on the kind of place I should take her to? I've always wanted to avoid those places that specialize in kids hair just because they are SO expensive. But are they worth it because they know how to entertain/distract them? Or are their any regular places that have their own special things for kids? Or should I just get some good scissors and try to do it myself? Or should I take her in with me when I get my next haircut (I need one). Her hair is long and straight, shouldn't require any special talents. We just want it trimmed, no bangs or anything... Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on May. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• The kids place where we get my son's haircut is $17 - not that much more than a typical haircutting place. He's 18 months and a moving target - they have tvs with cartoons and blow bubbles to keep him entertained. Plus they don't mind cutting my son's hair while he's moving around, which takes some serious experience!

Answer by missanc at 1:44 PM on May. 20, 2010

• (OP) Wow! $17 just sounds like a lot to me... I remember hearing about a place before I had kids that charged $1 per year of age for kids. It wasn't a kids place, just a regular place... But maybe I just need to rethink the budget, if those places are worth it.
    Anonymous

• I paid 25 bucks for my daughters 1st haircut.They sat her in front of a TV and gave her a sucker.They all clapped for her and gave her a Certificate lol.That was great.

Then I found a place that put children in a toy plane or somthing else and watch TV and cuts hair for 15.Its worth ALL the money in the world lol.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:57 PM on May. 20, 2010

• lol. My daughter got her first hair cut at the barber shop on Main Street at Disney! It was AWESOME. Though not realistic for everyone. It just happened to work out that way for us..
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:51 PM on May. 20, 2010