Can sneezing too hard hurt the baby or cause a miscarriage?

I know this sounds soo stupid, but I seriously want to know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on May. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would imagine you would have to sneeze REALLY hard for that to happen, IF that would happen.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 1:40 PM on May. 20, 2010

• no sneezing does not cause misscarriage
    jumping up and down after sex is not a form of birth control
    closing your eyes during sex does not make you a virgin
    having 14 children when on government aid is not a sane idea
    and
    women wearing sexy clothes is not the reason men rape

any other things we need to clear up, did i forget any other ones???
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:46 PM on May. 20, 2010

• It might cause to you to pee your pants a little, but not a miscarriage! lol.. Think of your baby being suspended in a big water balloon surrounded by pillows. Not much is going to damage that.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 1:49 PM on May. 20, 2010

• Well, I was asking because I am 11 weeks pregnant, and I was laying on my side in the fetal position and sneezed suddenly(usually I get a bit of a warning) and my whole abdomen crunched and my uterus started hurting really bad, and having spasms. I started spotting a little bit afterwards, and I called my dr and he said I probably just jarred some blood loose, and not to worry(I go to see him on Monday so he said he'll check me then) but I was worried since I have never felt pain like that before.
    Anonymous

• sorry

i bleed too
    brown not bad
    red not good
    at 11 weeks and brown, not bad at all, but good you called doc
    relax, happens again, go in, have ultra sound done, not internal exam, they can look at placenta
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:57 PM on May. 20, 2010

• I sneezed like a maniac when I was pregnant with my son. I had really bad seasonal allergies. I ended up staying in the house all day & night & wore a mask to get the mail. I was about 16 weeks preg. I was so scared & I called the Dr. and they said just stay inside and No you can't lose the baby from sneezing. He's 3 now & he has seasonal allergies too.
    Anonymous

• The sharp pain was probably muscle spasms. All the muscles that surround your uterus and your stomach are all stretching to make room for baby. Sudden movements can stretch those already sensitive muscles even more and cause a sharp pain. I had a lot of those pains when pregnant with my second child. It worried me too but my midwife assured me everything was fine and normal. Also, if you were having a miscarriage at 11wks, you'd have more than spotting. I had one at about 4-6 wks and it was awful. Maybe TMI but I was going through a super plus tampon and a pad about every 30 mins. for a couple days... I had no idea I was even pregnant until I passed what I thought was a blood clot, but a dr later confirmed that I had in fact had a miscarriage.
    I hope everything turns out good for you. I'm sure baby is just fine in there!
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 2:18 PM on May. 20, 2010

• No, but you could pull something for yourself, or pee your pants. But the baby shouldn't be hurt at all by that.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:47 PM on May. 20, 2010

• No
    PatriciaofMN

Answer by PatriciaofMN at 1:16 AM on May. 21, 2010

• nope
    babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 12:24 PM on May. 21, 2010